Compost Heap...

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Clive.
KG Regular

Hello,
I hope this attempt at picture posting works..my last effort seemed to work..ie; I can see the photo.!! but wonder if there may just be a red cross.??!! for other viewers.??

[img][img]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/Spilsby/Compostheapbeforeturning17-8-03.jpg[/img]

[/img]Image

All the best,
Clive.
Carole B.
KG Regular

Nice view Clive,nice compost too..perhaps you should put an overcoat on the top one though to keep the wigglies warm.
Carole
Anonymous

if we are really sad enough we could compare compost heaps, might pop down a take a piccy of mine later.(including resident rat, any ideas? ithink we may have touched on it before, someone decided it was including egg shells that attracted them if i remember correctly) After i've taken the snap all i have to do is get it to appear here, could be fun....best wishes paul.
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello,
Pleased the photos are viewable to all...I did just wonder as I had not ticked a share option on the photo hosting site..

The first photos are of a vintage 2003 blend of compost...

Material is placed in the r/h bin and topped up occasionally with a few bags of "Horse doings in wood shavings" collected free from the local stables.

The compost is turned once a year over into the l/h side bin..which is when the 2003 photos were taken..I see they are dated 17-8-03.

I attach here, hopefully, the turned blend of 2004...an even better vintage...and more of it too.!!

Wheat in the back field in 2004, Potatoes in 2003. The view in r/h distance is to the Wash and on a clear day to Hunstanton...

All the best,
Clive.
Carole B.
KG Regular

Gosh..vintage compost and photo records,you're really serious about record keeping aren't you Clive!
Seriously though I think I'd better try adding some manure of some sort to my allotment heaps because I end up with lots of dryer stuff and the resulting matter is very fibrousy.
lizzie
KG Regular

Looks like you've got some good stuff there Clive. Nothing like making your own is there.
Lots of love

Lizzie
Iain
KG Regular

Thanks, Clive, enjoyed the pics. Who but we folk could get a kick out of a heap of sh1t!
Iain.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic