One man stuffs the bank!!!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

lizzie
KG Regular

Todays news story in The Daily Mail and in the Financial Pages in the broadsheets.

A man sued his local RBS Bank for £3400 in charges that he said he didn't owe. He went down the correct legal routes throught the Small Claims Court. RBS didn't turn up so he was awarded the £3400 plus £120 costs.

RBS hadn't paid up in the time given so the guy got a Worrent, brought in Bailiffs and they siezed goods including PC's, fax machines and cash to the value of £3520 and the Bank Manager couldn't do eff all about it :twisted:

All I can say is "Good on yer mate. Nice one."

I'd have paid money to see the managers face. Apparently, the claimant received a standing ovation from the people in the Bank as the Bailiffs were removing the items. :D Brilliant and a great win for the ordinary bod in the street

Let the revolution commence :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
peter
KG Regular

I read that in the Mail and it gave a website that advised how to do it yourself if you had gone overdrawn in the past unumf years. :twisted:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
lizzie
KG Regular

Yep, aware of it Peter. It's about time us public bit the banks backsides a little and take a pound of flesh from them :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Chantal
KG Regular

Go to

www.MoneySavingExpert.com/bankcharges

and you'll find out exactly what to do, it includes template letters to use. :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
peter
KG Regular

By the smile Chantal may we take it you have posted yours?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Wellie
KG Regular

I listened to Martin on Radio 2 on the Jeremy Vine Show about 3 or 4 weeks ago when he was publicising this, and telling you how to do it.
His main emphasis, rightly so, was to organise yourself another bank account BEFORE you take your bank to task over this, because more than likely, they are going to tell you to take a running jump afterwards.
Sensible advice from Martin I thought!
What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. The good they do is inconceivable....
Chantal
KG Regular

No, but I have plans... :wink:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic