light evenings

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

jane E
KG Regular

Has anyone noticed the stretch on the evenings? 4.30 and it was still really light tonight and not even dusk until 5. It gives me itchy fingers to get going and everything seems so much more cheerful. And there was a wonderful lightness in the sky and the lid had lifted off it. Just a glimpse of spring round a couple of corners. Life's good!
Geoff
KG Regular

We haven't even had light days never mind light evenings. Permanent drizzle and can't see the neighbours across the valley.
Allanon

Print a calendar of all the sunrise/sunset times. This one is for London (or that's what I selected).

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/
Chantal
KG Regular

Hi Jane

I'm glad it's not just my imagination, I thought exactly the same this evening and them my local radio said how miserable and gloomy it was. I thought maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part. I'm with you, I can hardly wait for longer days.

Chantal :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

jane.the light nights have also arrived here in l.pool,my children played out for the firts time tonight till 4.30,so its not your imagination.cant wait for the summer,staying down the plot till 10 enjoying a b.b.q with me mates,and getting the elderflower wine on the brew.aint life great :D
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Chantal
KG Regular

Careful Grock, talk like that could lead to another one of Lizzie's Tea Parties and look what happened last time with all the sprout wine flowing...

:shock:
Chantal

Here in Maidenhead (where I'm working, not living) right now the nights are getting lighter too! Roll on Spring.
lizzie
KG Regular

That sprout wine wasn't my fault. :oops: Anyway, the shed has now been very well aired and we should be allowed back on site soon. The ban will soon be lifted and we will be allowed back in by the Management.

In the meantime, if anyone's got something interesting on the Brew then the Grock will be only too willing to take part in any Quality Control Testing. In fact, she'll probably insist on it!!!
Lots of love

Lizzie
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

will give the wine a miss,but if anyone's got a stil on the go i will gladly offer my services free of charge and bring me own diet pepsi,and pringles.
waiting with anticipation for any replies :D
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
Chris
KG Regular

Hi

I'm celebrating already. This weekend marks the end of the darkest 2 months of the year. Seeds bought and waiting, propogator cleaned and ready, tatties chitting, manure there for spreading and birds are singing - all ready to go once we get over the arctic spell forecast for next week!

Chris
Chris
Mr Potato Head

I know that some have said that today / tomorrow is the saddest day of the year, but I just spent the whole weekend digging my first (proper) vegetable beds - in bright sunshine! I could be happier of course, but it's a start... :?
Chantal
KG Regular

I saw on TV this morning that during the first 19 days of January we had only 8 hours of sunshine! It was so lovely for the last 3 days it really lifted my spirits and then today, back into the gloom again. Roll on Spring, I am one SAD person under the cloud. :(
Chantal

nini
KG Regular

Oh please stop! I`m green with envy, its the only thing green here! Here in denmark even the snow is frozen! I feel really gloomy, I think I will use some shopping therapy! I`ll shop for some new exciting seeds. And hope for warmer weather. I wish yuo all a exciting new growing year.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic