THIS WEEKS UPDATE POSTED 03/11/06

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

STEVE PARTRIDGE
KG Regular

Hello all, just to let you know that I have posted this week's update to my website, the first taste of Winter has arrived and I have been busy preparing for it, thanks Steve.

http://www.myallotments.blogspot.com
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Good morning Steve, please will you tell Daniel he has really managed to capture the likeness of his Dad, in the pumpkin he carved. :shock: :wink:
I must say that arrangement of dahlias really works well with the orange, yellow and white.
With your brussels not being tight, i wonder if the soil was a bit to loose for them, as they like being heeled in really hard, as you probably already know.
One more thing Steve, do you manage to pick your holly locally or do you have to buy it in :?:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Piglet
KG Regular

Hi Steve,

or is it "Plotty". For somebody who finds it difficult to get involved with threads you're certainly spreading yourself around the web some,at least 5 sites that I know of :shock: :shock: . Oh and your website says you organised a show at your allotments :shock: , very hard work I would imagine for a shy retiring type like you. Come on man play the game :twisted: :twisted: .
Kindest Regards, Piglet

http://pigletsplots.blogspot.com/
STEVE PARTRIDGE
KG Regular

Thankyou Old Herbaceous for your kind comments about Daniel getting his Pumpkin to look like his Dad!!(Me)yes I do get the holly locally, which is very handy and saves a few pennies, regards Steve.
STEVE PARTRIDGE
KG Regular

DELETED MY POST
Last edited by STEVE PARTRIDGE on Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beryl
KG Regular

I'm sorry Steve while I sympathise with your depression and lack of confidence I still think the right place to advertise your blog is on the Forum's Links page which is what it is intended for.
If you scroll down to the bottom you will find the form to submit.

Beryl.
STEVE PARTRIDGE
KG Regular

DELETED MY POST
Last edited by STEVE PARTRIDGE on Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beryl
KG Regular

Steve, with the best will in the world I don't think any of us have the time to read every posting.

Beryl.
GILL B
KG Regular

Hello Steve, I look forward to your postings and enjoy reading them. They give me something to aspire to and are a great record of your progress through the seasons. Keep it up. Yours in appreciation and admiration.........
Veggiebird
KG Regular

I'm the opposite I'm afraid. :cry: I know that I will never, ever have time to have an allotment so perfect. I work full time and have a great many other commitments so although I give my plot as much time as I possibly can, there are still weedy patches. Seeing
Steve's website just depresses me.
STEVE PARTRIDGE
KG Regular

Hi GILL B and thankyou for your comments, I'm glad that you enjoy my efforts on my website, regards Steve.
STEVE PARTRIDGE
KG Regular

Hi Veggiebird and thankyou for posting, I thought 5yrs ago when I was working all the hours under the sun and had the usual family commitments also, that I would never have time for things like allotments but then within a few months I was in hospital a complete wreck and subsequently had to give up work, the important thing is to enjoy your allotments and being able to grow your own produce and it's better taste and goodness whether you have weeds or not, I'm obviously in a position to spend as much time as I want to at my alotments, but I would rather be able to work and be healthy, regards Steve.
Bean legs
KG Regular

You must have all the time in the world Steve to look after 2 allotments and promote yourself on 5 websites to boot, On one site I notice that you are a Gold Member with nearly 200 postings.

As Beryl says, put yourself as a link.
Last edited by Bean legs on Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards

Bean legs
Arnie
KG Regular

Hi Bean Legs

I do think you are out of order with your opinions and they are best kept to yourself. :( :evil: :evil:

Kevin :shock:
Bean legs
KG Regular

Kevin,

the forum is for people to ask for advise or give it via that forum and not for personal blogs, they should be registered as links. By all means put your blog address as a footnote to your postings but not as an out and out thread. I visit several forums and nobody else does it on one of them let alone several.
Regards

Bean legs
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic