Kidney stones, any advice on how to cope with the pain.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

seedling
KG Regular

No Jenny
Your bladder can breathe a sigh of relief ( excuse the pun) :D
Seedling
Rubberman
KG Regular

Hi Peter,

I hope you are feeling better now. During my recent absence from visiting the forum I too had a kidney stone problem.

Very painful, as previously mentioned I am led to believe it is similar to childbirth. I reminded my wife of this a fortnight ago when she was in labour (pah, she had Entinox, not just a "take some ibuprofen and put up with it"!)

Anyway, with the wonders of the NHS I was given a 7 weeks waiting time to see a consultant. I actually passed the stone after 4 weeks (which was a relief :shock: ). There were comments from the doctor about having to "go in and get it", which I really didn't think sounded like the kind of thing I wanted to have done.

Anyway, I now have a list of things to avoid in my diet. It actually reads like my shopping list and a considerable proportion of the vegetable plot! I have decided that it has taken 35 years to build up to a stone and that missing out on beetroot, rhubarb, nuts, chocolate, etc is too much to expect of anyone.

Having consumed about 6 litres of water a day whilst trying to flush the thing through, I am now on a much more managable 3 litres and am keeping all things crossed (including legs most of the time) that it will keep them at bay.

Good luck with recovering from yours and I hope it's not a spiky one!

Regards,
Rubberman
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
peter
KG Regular

Thanks rubberman.
Yes the picture gallery spikey image did rather catch my imagination on the medical website I looked them up on. :shock:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
adamfletch21
KG Regular

Because fresh fruits and vegetables are loaded with water soluble fiber, you should consider eating 5-7 fruits and vegetables every day. The most effective vegetable is asparagus which can be boiled and made into a puree or juice.
alia
KG Regular

the olive oil recipe is bad bad bad. my mom tried it, and yeah she passed semi solid bits-- but it was the congealed olive oil she had just drunk, not any of the fat that had built up.

twenty years later, during a random x-ray, they noticed her gall bladder was so full of stones they signed her up for an emergency gall bladder removal, as it could have burst (and killed her) at any moment.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic