Mr Potato Head, any news on suggestions for magazine?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

There were a number of threads about improvements and suggested topics for the magazine on this new forum.
Having just got a subscription for Christmas I wondered which of the suggestions were going to be taken up?
Also were the owners still up for suggestions?
Mr Potato Head

Well, I've been spying on the editorial department :wink: , and have managed to glean the following updates for the forthcoming issues...

For the most part, any changes (unlike the website) are going to happen very gradually, so be sure to make your feelings known!

Steve Ott (editor) said: "The main things so far are an extended Your Plot section with even more essential jobs to do on your veg plot this month. This includes advice from the gardeners of the National Trust’s Wimpole Hall.

The cookery section has also been extended and includes recipes using seasonal veg from YOUR plot! This is edited by top food writer Pam Mellander and as well as recipes there will be readers letters, book reviews and news of innovative new products.

This year we will be working in partnership with the National Society of Allotment and Leisure Gardeners to bring readers the chance to enter their allotment association in our national competition. There will be some great prizes up for grabs as well as the chance for their allotment site to be recognized as one of the best in the country. We will be running features on the winners in KG and there are three categories to enter. These are Best Allotment Site, Best Community Project and Best Community Building. Full details of the rules and how to enter will appear in the March issue."

Apparently there is more to come, but they spotted me lurking in the air-conditioning and ejected me... :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic