Lovely.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Jenny, there's no reason to feel guilty and embarrassed about your missing cat post.
It's just the way things come out sometimes, and i'm probably the biggest culprit for this. :oops:
I think we can allow you one slip of the buttons, as the rest of your posting's are always well worth reading. :D :wink:

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Jenny,
I think I know you better than to take your 'Cat' posting seriously!
Do you remember a couple of years ago the furore that occurred when I said every now and then I dispatch a few cat that collect in my barns.
I had a visiting Tom which had mange and it took quite a culling programme to get all those affected from contact with him "treated".
Apart from being very sad, because I love my Cats,
it took me over a year to catch the Tom.
I now have a whole host of healthy cats about the barns and whereas I never feed them they get a ration of Jersey Milk twice a day. In turn they keep vermin down and are ace at nabbing Rabbits. Strangely they do not go after Birds as most people think that they are their favourite pastime.
JB.
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Thanks for your kind words guys. I feel guilty about the cat posting because the little buggar (there I go again!) is still missing.
I got severely chastised on another forum for posting along the same lines and the thread was removed because it had become very personal and nasty! I think it's true that sometimes you have to know a person to read their posts in the correct light. People have been in stitches over my ranting about this cat, but sometimes black humour is hard to convey in print.
I think you have to be careful around a certain type of cat person, too, who sees them all as fluffy little angelic creatures manufactured in a Disney studio, and assumes you must be psychotic cat murderer to complain about their sometimes annoying and disgusting habits.
Anyway, thanks again.
lizzie
KG Regular

We have a load of feral cats on the lottie. We got a grant from an animal charity to have them all neutered and a couple of the plot holders feed them.

It keeps the vermin down and the cats have somewhere to live. All's groovy in the end :D
Lots of love

Lizzie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic