Help for Epson printer!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Monika
KG Regular

Help!! The cartridge nozzles on my Epson printer (Epson Stylus Color 740) have dried up in the recent hot weather. The instructions only allow the change of cartridges when they are empty. Might anybody how I can renew the cartridges before they are empty? I tried using the cleaning procedure several times and it still doesn't work. Their website is not helpful either. You, dear friends, are my last hope! :(
nog
KG Regular

You can change them when ever you want. When you get the out of ink light take them out and replace them and you get a few extra pprints.

Epson printers tend to clog. Print-Rite do a cleaning cartridge for Epsons it is loaded with a thinner that cleans the prezzo head. look at www-print-rite.com you can pick them oup for £5 at computer fairs. If you are stuck PM me and I will give you the details of where I get them.
Weed
KG Regular

I tried refilled cartridges for my Epson printer from a local 'Cartridge World' franchise...had tremendous problems with the colour mostly not mixing.

Reverted back to the Epson brand product and have had no problems since
I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!
richard p
KG Regular

7dayshop.com used to do cleaning cartridges, they are a solvent instead of ink, you use the cartridge once and throw it away. ive allways used compatible cartridges with no problems, currently we get them from our local computer shop. if all else fails we have changed the ink in a epson 640 by starting the head cleaning process then turning the power off when the cartridges are half way accross and accessable, crude but it worked. we allways ignore the ink light and only change when the ink has actually all gone.
Monika
KG Regular

Many thanks for your help, everybody. I think I will try Richard P.'s idea in turning off the printer when the print cartridge is out of its little hidey-hole. I always use Epson cartridges and thought they would not cause any problem.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic