My friends

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

To all my friends on the K.G.F.
Next saturday i will be winding my way down to the north of Cornwall for a week's vacation.
I thought i jolly well ought to let you now in advance just so you can send me some nice messages before my departure. :wink:
I know most of you will be greatly disappointed at not having my valid answers for a whole week, but it can't be helped. :D
Of course there will be the rest of you who will think, thank goodness for that, a whole week of peace with that silly old twit out of the way. :shock: :wink:
I know which group i would be in. :wink:
I wish i was taking one or two of you with me, i think i would have to take...Now that would be telling. :wink:

Kind regards The Old Herbaceous.

Has Cornwall got any idea what they have let themselves in for.

Forgot to say i'm off to the wedding soon, just tried my de-mob suit on, fits like a glove.
Watch the ten o'clock news for an update.
Chantal
KG Regular

If you chose two I think it would be Jo and Zena. :lol: Just a cotton pickin' second, doesn't Jo live in that general area? :twisted: Hmmmmmm
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
jopsy
KG Regular

Hey hey :D
Come and see me on your way down!
How scary would that be for you :wink:
Now-whereabouts are you staying?? I could give you some nice hints and tips!
"Happiness is the sense that one matters"
lizzie
KG Regular

Oh, Herby

I shall miss you my little triffid.

Hope you're going to take in the Eden Project. Fabulous place, it takes 8 hours to get round it.

And the shop? Brilliant, if a little pricey.

Then there's Tintagel, I love it there. Not the shops so much, just the castle and sitting on the cliffs, thinking about who'd i'd like to fling off!! :twisted:

Then there's Fowey, oh, I could go on and on. I love Cornwall.

Oh, then there's the Oggies, not that you can find one. Bloody health and safety. How can a regional dish be a health and safety hazzard. Let the public be the ones who decide.

Ok, i'll stop now but i, for one, will miss you and hope you have a wonderful time.

Don't be good at the wedding, enjoy yourself. You know you want to :twisted: :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
jopsy
KG Regular

St Ives the sea food cafe on the main street, or the old lifeboat building cafe(swanky)
also the Barbara Hepworth museum and not forgetting the Tate!
Fowey is beautiful as Lizzie says
Newquay is not as lovely- I think you are too precious to go there
Will you be able to get on the net to let us know how you're getting on? Oh and we want to see holiday piccys!
lizzie
KG Regular

Yep, as Jopsy says, piccs Herby Man

Even the confiscated ones. Or will we have to buy Hello magazine? :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Zena
KG Regular

Herby - DON'T GO!!!!how will I cope?? So much in my garden is coming up to a critical point and I can't manage without help! who's going to sort out my raspberries? and explain why my cauliflowers aren't growing? I shall prepare a list and have it waiting for you upon your return! seriously, I hope you have a lovely time - I'm sure you deserve it. will you be going surfing at Rock? I hear it's very posh, so you should fit in :lol:
ps who's wedding??
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Just got in from the wedding, golly gosh what a bash it's been. Those young farming girls certainly now how to enjoy themselves, and made me feel very welcome. :wink:
I'm going straight to bed. :wink: :D

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
peter
KG Regular

Enjoy.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning, what a difference a good nights sleep can make. :wink: i'm ready for another full day, going to get my jobs done before it gets to hot, then i will answer some of your lovely questions. :D
Thanks for the lovely replies, i went to bed with a smile on my face. :wink:

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
Zena
KG Regular

Up so early after a night's revelling, Old H? I'm impressed! Perhaps you're not as "old" as you make out?
jopsy
KG Regular

I think OH is really a teenager masquerading as a TOG! :shock:
Why a teenager would want to do that I have absolutely no idea; but maybe he has no real mates? :wink:
Chantal
KG Regular

How strange you should say that Jo; that's just what Seedling and I were discussing at the lottie this morning. We think OH is in fact young, with just a patio and no veggies at all, masquerading as a knowledgeable old gardener with a big garden. Why we don't know... :shock: :lol:
Last edited by Chantal on Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
jopsy
KG Regular

I think Herby thought we would be non the wiser, he really didn't plan for us cunning women :wink:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Just got in from weeding my patio. whoops. :D
I thought my ears were burning this morning, and i thought it was the sun.
Now steady on girls, if you get me much younger i'll be pushing my wooden wheelbarrow round the garden that i had when i was a boy.
Jopsy you don't really think i'm a teenager, do you. :wink:
Just for you, i will be staying near Hayle, pass the Bucket of Blood and near the Bluff.
I used to go in the Penmare Hotel years ago, i knew a lot of the blokes that used to work the doors, so got on really well there. But i think it has been pulled down now. I love St Ives by the way, do you think they will do fish fingers in the sea food cafe :wink:
Zena, the wedding bride was an old farm girl i know, gosh shes got the roughest hands i ever felt on a woman :shock: But that was some good wedding they put on. :wink:
Lizzie been to Tintagel when i was younger, a fair climb, but well worth it. Fowey is really lovey to, went on a boat from there to Mevagissey.
Not sure about the Eden project, as i'm not a lover of big crowds, unless all you lot were in it. :wink:
Chantal not sure who i would like to take in the end, anyone who likes a good laugh i think. :wink:
As for these pictures, you should have seen the mess i got in trying to get some pictures of some cloche frames on hear for someone, i gave up in the end. :oops:
Well i think thats it for now, i'm just going to play with my toys on the terrace, sorry thats a patio to you lot. :wink:

Kind regards the youngest ever Old Herbaceous.

I'm a hard man with a soft collar.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic