My friends

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peat
KG Regular

Hi Herby
You take care of North Cornwall. On the longest day I'm off to south Cornwall for three days. My friend wants to go to the Eden project so will be in Parr, I believe it is 10 minutes from Eden Project. Never been to Cornwall before, that will then leave me about two more counties to visit in England. I would like to visit the place that 'It's hard to be green' was filmed, I think that it was the next town to Parr.
I don't know if I will like the Eden Project, I worked at the Botanical garden of Wales as part of my ND, before it was opened.
Enjoy yourself Herby, The girls are only jealous with your age, you're only as young as you feel!
Pete
skype me on pmrout
"To be a successful farmer, one must first know the NATURE of the SOIL" Xenophon , Oeconomicus 400 B.C.
Beccy
KG Regular

Much as it pains me to say this, don't go to Roach or it's environs. They mine china clay around there, from the biggest man-made hole in Europe. You could sink a twenty storey tower-block in it, with none show over the top. It makes the locality grey as every thing is covered with talc. :(

It is where my fathers family come from.

Launceton has the most amazing church, the outside is carved, it looks like someone has been doing crossstitch and then turned it to stone

Have a lovely time. :)
Zena
KG Regular

Peat, my husband always says that you're only as young as the woman you feel! Not sure if that helps Old H though.....
although it does sound as though he was having a good time with the farm girls the other night. He probably need a holiday to recover..
peat
KG Regular

Hi Zena
I know how he feels. Some of the looks I get these days makes me feel as if I am a 90 yr olds toyboy!!
Pete
skype me on pmrout
"To be a successful farmer, one must first know the NATURE of the SOIL" Xenophon , Oeconomicus 400 B.C.
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Peat,
You should be so lucky lucky!!?
I can imagine trying to explain to the Magistrate that I was trying to feel 18 again!!
Zena, your comment made me roar with laughter.
JB.
peat
KG Regular

I don't know Johnboy. I'm still trying to remember what I am supposed to be doing.
Pete
skype me on pmrout
Rubberman
KG Regular

Hi Beccy.

Call me picky if you want (don't all shout at once) but I couldn't help marvelling at the Cornish chemistry that's going on near Roach.

"They mine china clay around there, ...makes the locality grey as every thing is covered with talc.

Mining china clay, something predominantly made up of Aluminium Silicate, whilst covering the area with talc, otherwise known as Magnesium Silicate.

I've heard that strange things happen in Cornwall, but is this the result of some misguided alchemy?

Better watch out Old Herbaceous, goodness knows what you might turn into! :twisted:
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
Beccy
KG Regular

Picky, Rubberman? Yes. I missed out an 'if', mea culpa.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Rubberman do you reckon that talc might turn me into a sensible individual, now that would be a first. :shock:

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
Zena
KG Regular

Herby, the last thing we would want is for you to become "sensible" - that would be a real shame and spoil a lot of fun!
Johnboy, glad to have brightened up your day, if only for a brief moment :lol:
Rubberman
KG Regular

Why on earth would you want to be sensible Herby? :?:

That would seem to be a very dangerous path to tread - you could end up becoming "normal", and no-one would want that!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
peter
KG Regular

Fred Wedlock said it all on, ahem, feeling younger and getting older.....

"When it takes you all night, to do what you used to do all night." :twisted:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
lizzie
KG Regular

The mind is willing, the body weak but hey, it's fun trying!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Just one day of hard labour left, us gardeners must have the busiest times before we go on holiday.

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
jopsy
KG Regular

It's like waiting for the end of a soap opera Herby!
How long can this 'goodbye, farewell...' go on?
How long are you away for-the weekend :wink:
Off to toddler group now :?
"Happiness is the sense that one matters"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic