I am back ....

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Monika
KG Regular

Wow, it's been a long time. Last November my computer said "This connection is not private" every time I tried to access the KG Forum. I have now solved the problem (I think), so, here I am back, folks! Hopefully, it will last.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I went into Spring bits and bobs first, Monika but, it is lovely to have you back, you have been missed hugely and the forum just wasn’t quite the same….
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Monika
KG Regular

Thank you for your kind words, OH. I am sure you all managed very well without me!
And just to update everybody: our grandson with terminal cancer passed away very peacefully at home at the end of February. He was up and about and fooling about with his little lad and his three young nieces until two days before the end. In fact, ten days before, they all went on a grand weekend at CenterParcs in Sherwood Forest and had a wonderful time. On the day of his funeral, when his hearse passed through the village where they lived, children from the school had hung coloured balloons along the way with personal messages, just as he would have wanted. Now he is the "brightest star in the sky" ......
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Monika, what an incredibly brave young man your Grandson was, so positive to the end, so sorry. x

robo
KG Regular

Heart breaking Monika it’s impossible to put my feelings into words I lost a daughter then my wife 2 years ago tomorrow life is hard
Primrose
KG Regular

Monika. Welcome.back. So sorry about about your grandson. He must have left a huge hole in your lives
And Robo too. A painful anniversary. Thinking of you both.

As somebody once said "you don't get over your losses. You just gradually get better at dealing with them"
Stephen
KG Regular

Welcome back! My absence was purely about being elsewhere and not having much to say.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Stravaig
KG Regular

Dear Monika,

I'm so sorry to hear what you've had to go through. Same for Robo and anyone else in such circumstances.

My very best wishes to all of you.

Kay
Monika
KG Regular

I don't know if any of you watched Professor Hannah Fry last night on BBC2 in her programme 'Making Sense of Cancer'. If you did, the last patient featured was our grandson Rob ........
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I was going to watch it, Monika, but missed it….will watch on the catch up thing.
That must have been extremely moving for you. x

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Just watched it, Monika and it was incredibly moving, to put a face to such a very brave, positive and wonderful young man! x

Monika
KG Regular

Thank you, OH. We have not seen it ourselves, not having a TV, but my daughters have recorded it and we will see it soon. One daughter, Rob's mum, said he came across very well and hoped that it might have helped others in a similar situation.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

It will definitely help others, Monika, I have absolutely no doubt about that at all…..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic