A very noticeable change in policy

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stephen
KG Regular

I'll post this and leave you all to comment while I am away for a few days. (OK, the hotel will have WiFi but my roaming will be switched off).

I hope the weather is nice.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Geoff
KG Regular

A weed is a plant out of place.

A wolf that kills sheep is a fine wild animal out of place.

A slug that eats my seedlings and lettuce is it would seem a planet friendly mollusc out of place.

I think I'll continue to save my produce before I save the planet.
Westi
KG Regular

So there are 44 species of slug things, but only 9 are the naughty ones. Personally I think the 35 species remaining should protest loudly & think about moving to my plot to overwhelm the bad guys. Actually I don't have too many problems as I find Grazers does help a lot with deterring them & just crop protection when plants are diddy.

I can cope with the odd nibbled leaf as wash everything well as who knows what the neighbours use & I don't actually squish them either as too gross, so they go on a long & high holiday over the hedge row.
Westi
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Maybe we should post all the naughty ones to the RHS and let them look after them.
Primrose
KG Regular

I'll forgive the odd one but personally I can't see the point of their existence. Can anybody actually point to any benefit they bring to the planet, apart from being a tasty morsel for ducks?
Geoff
KG Regular

As Shallot Man suggested I have this morning posted my first batch of molluscs to the RHS. I’m not an expert on separating them so I have probably sent them friendly and naughty ones. Because I am not familiar with the various species I used one of those divided storage boxes to separate the different types. I’m aware that some of them are carnivores and eat the other types so I was afraid they might receive just one large slug, like the Benny Hill vulture if you remember that sketch. With their notorious reputation for finding their way home I painted bar codes on the snail shells to see if it is true. I also enclosed a few lettuce seeds and a small donation towards their upkeep. I trust they will have a long, comfortable and happy retirement.
Primrose
KG Regular

Geoff - have we just been April Fooled? My brain is not yet on full alert this time of the morning ??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic