Late Autumn Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

I was looking at Stephen,s photo of red cabbage and wondering why it seems to be such a rarely grown allotment vegetable and is not always readily available in shops either.

I love it, either finely shredded in coleslaw or as a cooked mixture with shredded onions and sliced apples, with a chopped smoked sausage mixed in. Perhaps it's because some of its colour vibrancy is lost in cooking, as happens with purple beans. Has anybody found a way of preventing that happening?
Westi
KG Regular

Hi All,

Monica has written to me, (she has my address from sending her the missing mag). She wants to report that she is fine, but her computer is not & hopefully it will resolved soon. Her computer is currently refusing her access to the website, the forums & pm's.

x
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

Oh that,s good news Westi. Probably very frustrating for her as she,s a regular contributor.
Interestingly I've also been having problems accessing the website for several weeks. . It used to remember me and let me in automatically but now I have to keep entering my name and password whenever I want to access the forum which is annoying.

Possibly a problem with my device because ai,m not technically very competent and don,t know how to fix these things, but is anybody else having access issues ?
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

That is brilliant news! :)

I have to keep logging in now, my Son said it’s where I have a new device and I keep closing Safari….means nothing to me…
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
retropants
KG Regular

OH, if you are on an Ipad, just say yes when it asks you to 'remember password' and it should log you in automatically after that. :)
Primrose
KG Regular

Retropants. - thanks for that and Yes, I do ask my iPad to remember me, but its getting elderly now and probably like its owner suffers from the odd bout of dementia !
retropants
KG Regular

Ah, yes, mine is ancient too, cannot add any new apps, or update existing ones. Some websites do not even work at all. ASDA is one, which is frustrating trying to order shopping! KG, however seems to be fine, and it remembers me too (for now!)
Geoff
KG Regular

Pity I still haven't managed to make my webcam available like I have my weather data (mind something wrong with that today) when we get mornings like this.

Lowgill Weather 13-11-2021, 08-37-58.jpg
Lowgill Weather 13-11-2021, 08-37-58.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 2052 times
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Just perfect, Geoff….what a beautiful picture!

Shallot Man
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:That is brilliant news! :)

I have to keep logging in now, my Son said it’s where I have a new device and I keep closing Safari….means nothing to me…

O.H. Had a computer for some twelve years now. Still on my first year learning. :wink:
Clive.
KG Regular

My PC operating system is a little dated but still works mostly...although I'm the middle of a provider email outage at the moment.... Started to be a bit wobbly mid week and only briefly had email on Friday morning...no service at the mo...

...anyway, my English Tools Ltd Bulldog spade is a stand alone system and has been operating quite stable this morning :) just needed an extra coffee input...

C.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Clive. wrote:My PC operating system is a little dated but still works mostly...although I'm the middle of a provider email outage at the moment.... Started to be a bit wobbly mid week and only briefly had email on Friday morning...no service at the mo...

...anyway, my English Tools Ltd Bulldog spade is a stand alone system and has been operating quite stable this morning :) just needed an extra coffee input...

C.

And it never needs updating.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

If everything in life was so simple…. :)

Stephen
KG Regular

It is good to hear that Monika is OK. Long may it be so.

I did a few hours on the plot today. Moved and split the rhubarb, manuring the space heavily, packing it in around the replanted heads. Cut all the stalks off the jerusalem artichokes. Picked some salad leaves. Redug the ground where the spuds were finding a few escapees (does everyone miss some? I certainly do)

Not cold.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
peter
KG Regular

Another rainy night, so relieved, was worried my mud might get dehydrated!
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic