Late Autumn Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

Nothing much Primrose.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Geoff
KG Regular

Perhaps that's why all the roads are full of potholes!

Not really.
Westi
KG Regular

From the hint of a windy day on Saturday to a named storm (Storm Arwen) with 65mph gusts. That should be fun & dump even more leaves or hopefully blow them all away, 5 large bags full is enough. Fortunately I prepped for just the wind & tucked everything away today but anticipate my usual retrieving of the black plastic from up in the fruit trees. Doesn't matter how many bricks I secure it with there is always a couple of sheets of plastic that have lift off!
Westi
robo
KG Regular

You might know I was going to try my new boat out
Primrose
KG Regular

Not in the English Channel please Robo !
I suspect all boats are safer in docks until the imminent storm forecast has passed.
Certainly should bring the last of the leaves tumbling down.
Primrose
KG Regular

So tired of all the Black Friday sales emails flooding into my inbox over past few days trying to flog me stuff I don't want or need at prices which are probably not bargain prices at all. Amazed how people can be conned by all these allegedly bargain offers.

Even got an official NHS Covid Black Friday offer. Special 93% reduction in infection for those getting jabbed.!!
Geoff
KG Regular

Power just come back after going off at 03:15 am. No mobile signal so drove a mile to get a signal, electric message not updated since 10:35 this morning so expected an early night. Followed the gritting lorry home (minus 1.0) to find the lights were on. Snow on the hills all round us but none on us.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

We seem to have got away with very little damage, thank goodness….and cold but bright tomorrow, what I don’t mind in the least!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
robo
KG Regular

Primrose the English Channel is the wrong end of the country for me ,it’s the Mersey you will find me but not in the weather we are having ,reports of one of the pontoons broke away from the main one ,on the allotment greenhouses blown over corrugated sheets blowing up and down the track up to now I’ve escaped any serious damage my mate opposite has lost two poly tunnels destroyed but he was warned about buying the cheap green ones
Geoff
KG Regular

Must be a mast out somewhere as no transmitted TV or mobile phone, hope it's just the power supply and not the mast. Quite calm but frosty now. Only damage I've found is a cosmos that had grown into a huge plant and flowered very late but is now in bits, the frost would have got it anyway.
Clive.
KG Regular

The digging that I got done the other weekend is cast iron frozen this morning :)

Plan today was to get a shaft put in a half worn turf iron that I acquired some while ago, one of a number of stalled projects that I have around me.! but rather cold out in the garage...so in an unusual move I'm going to have a look at a pile of paperwork, before the pile falls over, in the warm...accompanied by Radio Caroline 648khz now with higher power from Orfordness :)

C.
Geoff
KG Regular

Isn't tech support wonderful? No mobile signal since Arwen so went on internet chat with Tesco Mobile my provider. Reported no service, response, please confirm the pin I've just sent you. So they switched tacks and asked for my account balance, you check that by calling them of course. Eventually they accepted it was me when I looked up my credit card account and told them my last top up. They still said there were no faults and asked me to remove and clean SIM card when I had told them we had two phones two accounts and both were down and that I could get a signal a mile away. Moan over, though I could mention there is no TV either.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

A good covering of snow here…..no grass cutting tomorrow!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Clive.
KG Regular

I've just been out to the bin, and got a couple of flakes land on my jumper but no covering out east here.

There was a hail shower last night that froze hard and needed some windscreen scraping this morning and the roads were a sheet of ice when I was about early.

Gorgeous sunny later that tempted me from pile of papers out to garage and at least got the old handle remnant out of the turf iron and also shaped another new handle to go into a relatively new, well known make, spade that had an angled grain towards the shaft top causing a fracture just below the T top...

C.
Clive.
KG Regular

..spoke to soon.....there is now a dusting on garden, Met is giving further in the early hours...

C.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic