Where has everyone gone???

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Shallot Man
KG Regular

FoaKni wrote:I'm quite new to this so!
Howdie! :D

Welcome FoaKni. Ask anything you like, even if it sounds silly, you will find we do not bite. :wink:
Stravaig
KG Regular

Sorry for my disappearance. We had a holiday back to the UK and I had some sort of "severe anxiety attack" on the plane there. (Diagnosed by an NHS doctor at A&E as needing psychiatric help but not a danger to anyone.) It completely knocked the stuffing out of me. I'm not, and never have been, afraid of flying. Mr Stravaig thinks it's a result of more than a year's isolation and I just dropped my guard when en route for a holiday.

Needless to say, it spoiled the holiday, especially as I was worried about a repeat performance on the way back. Fortunately it didn't happen, but I am still very shaky and don't feel well in the head.

I'm trying to do things which make me feel happy, such as cooking. But I'm still hearing noises that aren't really there and any random noise disturbs me.

I'm embarrassed because I'm well off compared to those who've lost loved ones. Believe me, there's nothing I'd like more than to be able to chin up and get on with things. I'm usually a quite a tough little barsteward but this Covid thing has me beat. :(
Primrose
KG Regular

So sorry about your spoilt trip home Straivaig. I,m a nervous flier at the best of times. Perhaps it just happened due to the fact that you were suddenly out of yiur comfort zone after a long period in isolation so everything appeared more than unusually strange and alien. . I just think the current pandemic has had the potential to affect so many people, probably because every day for the past 18 months the media and tv have just been ramming it down everybodys' throats and there's been no escape.

Keep posting on here now you're home and try to keep a sense of normality again.
Last edited by Primrose on Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Sorry to read you have been having a tough time, Straivaig, it's been a strange time and has affected many people, in many ways.
Take things steady, and i'm sure you will get there.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic