Where has everyone gone???

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

OK! I know!

It's the busy season weeding, tying things to poles that stretch the label 'climbing' for said plants, watering a lot, re-sowing failures as quick as possible due to the late spring, weeding again - even harvesting the odd bit's & bob's & watering - yep again, strimming, rescuing & re-siting self sown plants into a patch that has an empty bit, searching for the ripe strawberries that have not been munched...

Business as usual then & getting hotter so the tap war will start soon! Best set the alarm then!
Westi
snooky
KG Regular

Finally putting together a 6x4 greenhouse which I was given about four years ago!!Put up the frame and now putting in the polycarbonate sheets instead of the glass which came with it.Unfortunately the only place which I could site it is near(too near) my Oak trees so thought it safer to not fit the glass in case of falling dead branches.
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
Chantal
KG Regular

I'm here, just so very busy in the garden and on the allotment. I thought being retired would mean I had lots of spare time. Wrong.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Monika
KG Regular

I have been wondering the same, Westi! Well, I am still about, weeding and watering ..... The little broad beans are forming, so are the sweet peppers in the greenhouse and tomorrow we shall eat the first new broccoli of the year (variety Stemia)!
robo
KG Regular

I’m still here in body but not in get up and go it’s all gone missing my wife no body to give me orders and I’m useless on flowers ,our dog has just had a big lump removed when I say big it was £800 worth to me that’s massive even the vet was shocked at the size of it when she started cutting but as I had asked how much it would cost before she started she was a bit stuck, to be fair she is a very good vet always has a smile on her face now I know why
Shallot Man
KG Regular

robo. I too recently lost the light of my life.
Was cheered up no end by a fellow at the Rugby Club. Who said , the first year is the worst. :( :( :(
Primrose
KG Regular

Shallot man and robo. You two have had in particularly hard, having to cope with your losses during lockdown. I think the first year IS THE WORST. As somebody once said "It doesn,t t necessarily feel any better but you get better at dealing with it."
Gardens are great healers. They always keep you busy and because they're constantly changing there's always something to be looking out for.
Kayburton
KG Regular

Housekeeping can really be a great anti-stress. The main thing is to be able to find a solution to a problem, to appreciate what surrounds you. Then it is much easier to endure various adversities.
daxtell71
KG Regular

Shallot man and Robo sorry to hear of your loss. My family are thinking of you both X Just heard I am losing my best friend but that has been expected for a long time so have retreated to my plants which is helping me cope with it all. Thank goodness for our gardens and plots!
Daxtell71 :D

How many beans make five? :lol:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well said, gardens and gardening are a huge healer....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Stephen
KG Regular

Just returning.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Welcome back Stephen!

Great to see old forum members rejoining the chat & well excited to see new members taking the plunge, especially as they are reading the older posts which I don't actually review. Glad they do though, as it's been great to read through those posts again & actually noting some of the advice offered.
Westi
FoaKni
KG Regular

I'm quite new to this so!
Howdie! :D
Westi
KG Regular

Welcome FoaKni & Howdie back!

I personally think this is a great forum as we have proper professional farmer type growers, clever growers with a passion & knowledge gained over years on the plot or their garden (or both), experts on specific crops, challengers who throw new ideas in the mix. No zealots who are going to get aggressive about their way being the only way!

Ask anything you like, the response will be friendly, varied & interesting! Pop a broad location on your stats so you can focus on those that respond near your area. Small island - huge variances! x
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

A warm welcome to the forum, from me too, FoaKni.... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic