Anyone heard it yet?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Also, I haven't seen a single hedgehog yet this year...now that's worrying...
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Cider Boys
KG Regular

We have been hearing cuckoos regularly for a few weeks now and there are plenty of warblers about for them to lay in their nests. I have not seen a hedgehog this year either, last year I found one dead, tangled in electric sheep netting that must have happened over night. This year I'm running three single strands for the sheep instead of sheep netting, not so quick to erect but safer for any wandering hedgehogs.

Barney
Geoff
KG Regular

Cuckoo today, probably passing comment as I was out in rain planting our 'cut & dried' flower bed.
Clive.
KG Regular

Still no Cuckoo to be heard here.....but a Swift was sighted, high over the back garden, this evening.

C.
Geoff
KG Regular

We've got the swift but lost the cuckoo.
Kayburton
KG Regular

Cider Boys wrote:We have been hearing cuckoos regularly for a few weeks now and there are plenty of warblers about for them to lay in their nests. I have not seen a hedgehog this year either, last year I found one dead, tangled in electric sheep netting that must have happened over night. This year I'm running three single strands for the sheep instead of sheep netting, not so quick to erect but safer for any wandering hedgehogs.

Barney

In such a net, not only a hedgehog, but also a rabbit could get entangled. Still, more humane methods are needed to avoid the accidental death of other animals.
Monika
KG Regular

The bats (we assume they are pipistrelles) have been busy the last few warm nights. Having fixed a new bat box on the house wall under the eaves, we hope it will be used as a nursery chamber.
Alas, swift and swallow numbers are certainly down on previous years and I think we have lost our house martins completely..
robo
KG Regular

I heard a cuckoo I was down the plot it sounded as if it was a bit away the first one I’ve heard for well over 20 years
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic