Happy Birthday.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Johnboy, may I wish you a very Happy Birthday my dear fellow and hope you have a wonderful day.

I also hope you are still managing to get out and do what you are best at, and that's growing things and tending your land...
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Geoff
KG Regular

Have a good day - I see you are maintaining your watching brief over us. Perhaps spotting your birthday will tempt some others out of the shadows to contribute again.
retropants
KG Regular

Happy Birthday Johnboy, hope you have a lovely day, whatever you are doing.
Primrose
KG Regular

Many Happy Returns Johnboy. May the sun shine for you and hope you have a pleasant day.
Monika
KG Regular

Happy Birthday, Johnboy! Take care and do pay your old friends a visit sometime!
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Happy Birthday JohnBoy
Westi
KG Regular

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHNBOY!
Westi
Johnboy
KG Regular

My dear friends of yesteryear. I do apologise for not replying before now but on my birthday we had a rarther awkward day with my partner being readmitted into hospital. She has recently had a rather major operation and there seemed to be some complication but I am pleased to say that it was because she was overdoing things too early. I am glad to report that she is back in the fold.
You will appreciate that at my age I my manual work is now mainly in the greenhouse sitting at my bench. Last year we started a market garden on my old nursery and another 11 acres and we have acquired two 100ft x 40ft greenhouses with one erected up and going and the other still awaiting a construction gang. The market garden with gather momentum this years as things were just a bit slow last year but this coming season looks very promising. To those who know me know that trees are my passion and pleased to report that last season we managed to plant 132000 trees and this year we should manage to do roughly the same. We are clearing a 11square mile forest soft woods and replacing with all hardwoods mainly Oak but with belts of Beech and Hornbeam. We raise the Oaks but buy in the Beech and Hornbeam. At present we are bringing on several thousand Birch trees which will be planted the line the hardwoods and that will be long after I am gone.
It made me laugh when I saw 83 people had read the birthday wishes and 77 people thought who the hell is he! The answer to that is a blast in the past as I did my best for this wonderful forum for 20 years ad now very seldom write but view only several times a week.
I may be a certain age but I still manage to put in my wack of hours each day generally 12 hours a day.
I have a Canadian mate who is also nearing my age and we work together in the Greenhouse seeding for the market garden and cuttings for my grandson who runs the forestry section.
Thank you once agin for your birthday wishes they were certainly the one good thing in my day. Till next year maybe!
Sincerely,
JB
JB.
Primrose
KG Regular

Dear Johnboy,
How lovely to have such a detailed update from you. You're clearly solving the UK's climate change programme almost single handed with your tree planting initiative and are to be congratulated on being part of such a worthwhile cause. I love the idea of leaving such a lasting legacy after we have departed!.

A shame your birthday was marred by your partner being admitted to hospital but good news that this issue has resolved itself. Regard that day as a "birthday dress rehearsal" and have yourselves another proper one where everything goes smoothly.

I've been on this forum long enough to recall many of your valued contributions so hope that when you can take time out from your greenhouse planting you'll occasionally come on here to add your valued contributions.
Primrose.
Geoff
KG Regular

Great to hear from you, pity birthday post didn't flush out more old timers like Alan. Sounds like you are thriving. What a great project/ business you have set up, obviously keeping you alert and active, long may it continue!
retropants
KG Regular

wonderful to hear from you JB, and such a geat update from you, apart from your partner's illness of course. Amazing work with the trees, I take my hat off to you. As Primrose said, what a wonderful legacy.
Monika
KG Regular

Hello, Johnboy, great to hear from you and especially to hear that you are keeping busy in the horticultural business! Keep going! I Hope you and your family will be able to have a big birthday do when allowed.
snooky
KG Regular

Hello Johnboy.Good to hear from you.Hope that you are planting Cider Apple trees as well!!!
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
Kristine_M
KG Regular

Happy Birthday JohnBoy wishing you good health and of course amazing work in the tress
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic