Lockdown one Rescues success

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

daxtell71
KG Regular

Hi everyone

Such a beautiful sunny day here in Oxford. I am delighted to report that the plants I rescued half-dead from a shop have survived and are greening up lovely. My Honey Berry and Gooseberry look very happy.

What lockdown successes have you all had?

Debs :-)
Daxtell71 :D

How many beans make five? :lol:
Westi
KG Regular

I moved my current bushes a bit later then recommended - last week actually but they were in bud not leaves so risked it as too close to the grape. Today the leaves were out & they looked fine! These currents were also rescued from a cheap shop so tough obviously!
Westi
snooky
KG Regular

Sorted an overgrown soft fruit area on my allotment,kept what I wanted and put the rest out for people to take away which they have done.So hopefully they will be a success for their new owners.
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
Compo
KG Regular

Generally the last 12 months have been good, no holidays no leaving the area, and I retired March last year only to carry on as a sessional worker, that way I choose the hours and the days. Bottom line is loads of time on the allotment, less rushing and more time to do things properly. All in all, we can all name the negatives of this dreadful time, including lives lost and lives ruined. But when all's said and done you have to look at the plusses, otherwise life is not up to much
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
Kayburton
KG Regular

I was very bored in quarantine and I became interested in smoking meat and other products. At first, I read a lot, studied the theoretical part, and then I bought myself a Masterbuilt smoker. I have the same as here, I was looking for a specially description of the model, maybe it will come in handy for someone.
Last edited by Kayburton on Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Westi
KG Regular

Kayburton - that looks fab! I've not seen anything like that on the UK site, although saying that I have not looked anytime recently as it was a few years ago that smoking piqued my interest - quickly lost interest with the chippings on the BBQ type stuff I found then.

Although still interested don't think I will find time to do more than keep the plot together - well unless my request to drop a couple of days at work is accepted!
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic