What a grand day!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Monika
KG Regular

What a grand day!

Postby Monika » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:05 pm

16C today and the sun shone all day - it really felt and smelt like spring! My son spied the first brimstone and a song thrush was collecting nesting material. What more can you ask for?
0 x
Westi
KG Regular

Re: What a grand day!

Postby Westi » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:19 pm

Deffo spring is having a big stretch & waking up! Exciting times - there will be failures & achievements ahead but as we moan we will learn & also challenge ourselves to repeat the achievements! Funny how we forget every year is different weather wise - but that perfect cauliflower or cabbage is the ultimate goal & you just have to get that result again! OK maybe just me but I do get very envious of other's successes when I'm having failures!
0 x
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Postby oldherbaceous » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:26 am

I think next week is looking a little more like it for most, so here's looking forward to a good growing year.
1 x
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
retropants
KG Regular

Postby retropants » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:05 am

I might sow some carrots this week!

Lettuce, leek, cosmos, california poppy, tomato and pepper seedlings are up in the greenhouse. The latter two in heated propogators.
1 x
Geoff
KG Regular

Postby Geoff » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:45 am

I've not had anything as high as 16, 13 and 11 the last two days, but it has felt very pleasant in the sunshine. All sorts of things stirring; pond full of thrashing frogs and spawn; insects on the heathers that are flowering beautifully include various types of bumble bees, ladybirds and tortoiseshells; birds singing and curlews, lapwings and oyster catchers all up on the rough fields where I walk the dog; bulbs coming up everywhere (I bought loads in the Autumn as I thought we would be entertaining in May); RAF trainers buzzing overhead. It must be some sort of Spring.
3 x

Return to “General chatter”