What a grand day!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Monika
KG Regular

16C today and the sun shone all day - it really felt and smelt like spring! My son spied the first brimstone and a song thrush was collecting nesting material. What more can you ask for?
Westi
KG Regular

Deffo spring is having a big stretch & waking up! Exciting times - there will be failures & achievements ahead but as we moan we will learn & also challenge ourselves to repeat the achievements! Funny how we forget every year is different weather wise - but that perfect cauliflower or cabbage is the ultimate goal & you just have to get that result again! OK maybe just me but I do get very envious of other's successes when I'm having failures!
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I think next week is looking a little more like it for most, so here's looking forward to a good growing year.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
retropants
KG Regular

I might sow some carrots this week!

Lettuce, leek, cosmos, california poppy, tomato and pepper seedlings are up in the greenhouse. The latter two in heated propogators.
Geoff
KG Regular

I've not had anything as high as 16, 13 and 11 the last two days, but it has felt very pleasant in the sunshine. All sorts of things stirring; pond full of thrashing frogs and spawn; insects on the heathers that are flowering beautifully include various types of bumble bees, ladybirds and tortoiseshells; birds singing and curlews, lapwings and oyster catchers all up on the rough fields where I walk the dog; bulbs coming up everywhere (I bought loads in the Autumn as I thought we would be entertaining in May); RAF trainers buzzing overhead. It must be some sort of Spring.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic