Sahara dust!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Monika
KG Regular

Our greenhouse roof, bin lids and other flat areas are showing very fine beige dust which has apparently flown up from the Sahara and in the recent strong southerly/southeasterly winds. Amazing, isn't it, how it has been moved thousands of miles!
Primrose
KG Regular

We get this from time to time and it,s amazing how much of it also manages to seep through the small ventilation slots kept permanently open in our windows . It certainly shows up my lack of dusting enthusiasm!
But it's so fine you don't realising it's happening so some is also bound to be inhaled when spending periods of time outdoors. O not good for people with respiratory conditions.

But.no matter how much gets swept airborne for thousands of miles, the hundreds of miles of deserts and sand dunes never seem to reduce!
Westi
KG Regular

I haven't seen this for decades now, but used to get it every few years. 100% it can get into any nook & cranny. I'm a bit with you there Primrose with the lack of dusting enthusiasm so much more to do outside & it just comes back so my theory is wait until it is worthwhile & the result can be really noticed.;)
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic