Interesting Facts?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

I never watch these programmes Geoff. It,s bad enough being aware of my general knowledge ignorance without being constantly reminded of it !! Just keeping going until the end of this pandemic is enough for me !
Monika
KG Regular

I am always intrigued how many so called 'general knowledge' quizzes in newspapers or magazines rely on questions about TV programmes or films! As we have not had a television for more than 30 years and have not been to see a film for longer than that, the questions rather stump us .....
Chantal
KG Regular

I love quiz shows (having a TV does help) but Pointless is, to me, utterly pointless. I've tried to watch it, but lose the will to live.

I'm still celebrating getting 15 questions right on University Challenge! Admittedly it was was a Christmas one and featured "celebrities" (I only recognised Ade Edmondson) so I think the questions are easier. As I'm usually lucky to get 5, I'm happy. :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Geoff
KG Regular

Ah but you've got to agree "Pointless Celebrities" is the most aptly named programme anywhere?
Stephen
KG Regular

I have seen bits of the programme. Those numbers feature do they?
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
retropants
KG Regular

Do any of you watch Only Connect? Mainly baffling, but I do get a handful correct!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I must admit, I watch less and less tele...just want the longer days of light back!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Stephen
KG Regular

just want the longer days of light back!

I just want some warmer weather - much the same but lags behind the longer daylight.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
robo
KG Regular

I must admit my tellys never off but I don’t know what I’ve been watching I’m usually reading or sleeping I watch the repair shop and a few farming programs but that apart I read through the rest , out plot has been frozen for nearly three weeks now it’s flooded we are having new pipes to the taps installed by the council but we have put £10,000 to the project ,one of the girls on the allotment is brilliant at getting grants this one was from the lottery the allotment at present is upside down with a deep trench running nearly the full length down the middle track it’s nearly impossible to walk to your plot especially with a blind dog like our ben
Geoff
KG Regular

Yes we watch "Only Connect" and celebrate odd correct answers, often the 'wall' lists that include the red herrings but we do quite well on missing vowels. With Robo on "The Repair Shop", brilliant and gives me skill envy, just wish they'd add a bit of historical research sometimes like finding the object in an old catalogue.
Westi
KG Regular

Robo that is going to be one hell of a mess with the digging & then the thaw. I certainly don't envy you that. You need to pick up an old pram or something to take Ben down until manageable & it could make an interesting planter or scarecrow prop when everything is dried out. You might need a new class in your annual show to benefit, but I'm sure the other plot holders will be have a smile on their face just to see it. (We don't have a single scarecrow on out plot but I want one, more comical than scary though)!
Westi
robo
KG Regular

I wouldn’t get Ben on a pram he might round it up and bark at it he’s a sheep dog ,we had a scare crow competition across the town in aid of a local cancer hospice my youngest daughter was one of the organisers they raised over £20’000 most houses had a scarecrow in their front garden mine went to the plot but looking a bit worse for wear
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic