Mid Winter Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Monika
KG Regular

We had a bit of snow last night, but now it's back to rain and sleet again. The rainfall over the last two days was over 60mm and we can hear the beck gushing in full spate. Luckily, we live well above it!
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Quiet a storm last night. Beautiful sunshine this morning. Friend left some strawberries for the Memsahib on the doorstep earlier. I note flown from Egypt. So much for the environment.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Nice and bright first thing, so got all my stuff ready for work...just about to leave, but could see some huge angry looking clouds coming, so gave it five minutes...how glad I did, as it rained, snowed, then rained again for over a hour...it's flooded out there again now!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
robo
KG Regular

The snow had gone this morning but we have floods all over Merseyside there are hundreds of houses evacuated lots of roads blocked through floods and crashes at least it dry at the moment but we are on a yellow warning I hate to think what the Lake District is like they normally get far more rain than us
retropants
KG Regular

We got bashed and drenched by the storm last night too.Trying to sleep through all the weird noises of unspecified things crashing about was not easy. Hope all that got it worse than us are oK this morning.
Westi
KG Regular

Even down here in the tropical end of England we have sleet showers forecast & possible snow next week! Mind the way Covid is going down here I will escape to the plot in any weather, still a better option than housework for a start! ;) We now have handsome men in camouflage or navy helping us out at work which is certainly making some of the nurses a way more cheerful! :) Not so cheerful is patients are being transferred to the Nightingale hospital as so many staff have Covid we can't open new wards (I'm talking hundred's off).

I am negative, had my 1st vaccination but we have more than our share of non-believers & protesters, not in my sleepy village I hasten to add but they will at some time get bored with Bournemouth. Stay safe everyone & just be really gentle with anyone you confront for not following the rules - spitting seems to be their new favourite response to a challenge & you can contract it via your eyes.
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

Westi - what awful people there are about!

We h ve sun nd blue Kay here this morning but definitely not bikini weather. My gardening sap is rising althiugh my ihywical activity is rather limited now. Have just sown an early batch of Pointy Italian pepper seeds for widowsill germination as they take ages to germinate. Seed packet said "use by 2009" so does anybody think they,re still viable? Annoyingly couldnt find the saved seed from my crop last summer..
Clive.
KG Regular

Early orange crocus are up...and some are open in the gorgeous sunshine today. :)

C.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Gosh, I wouldn't mind a bit of, 'blue kay'.... :wink: :)

Monika
KG Regular

Very welcome blue sky and sunshine here today - I walked for my usual 90 minute shopping trip and not only bought some fresh vegetables but also a bunch of flowers: red tulips, blue hyacinths, small yellow narcissi and they are already perfuming our kitchen! You may ask, why in the kitchen? Because it's the coolest room overnight and I also spend a lot of time there to enjoy them.
Still some snow lying on the hills.
Colin2016
KG Regular

Guess fortunate to live in area where shops are concerned about customer safety.
No need to go into wet fish shop as you order outside the main window & goods are passed through top window, another shop will not allow anybody in without a mask & asks that those that are excused wearing one stay outside to be served and iron mongers have no access to shop just serve from doorway.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Had a pleasant hour in the big greenhouse today, mossing up pots of Hyacinths and Reticulata Iris, it makes them look so much nicer with a little moss between the stems....also lovely and warm in there with the sun streaming through the glass.
But how different it was at 4pm, when it was snowing heavily...and will be a tad slippy in the morning, as it is now freezing....

Clive.
KG Regular

No snow in this part of the county..there was some, I understand, down Spalding way for a while.

Had some online "paperwork" to do this morning but did do one job outside this afternoon. I had noticed a pane of glass had had a slide in the poor old greenhouse here. I managed to get it back up and then spotted another one. A couple of pins under them..bit scary and rattly tapping in the pins as all of it is on borrowed time....

C.
snooky
KG Regular

Snowing heavily in my neck of the woods.
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Let's hope you get a few more years out of your glasshouse, Clive.

Just started snowing again here and the sky looks full of it....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic