Merry Christmas.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I would just like to wish every single person on the forum, a very Happy Christmas indeed.
I hope you all have a wonderful day, in the strangest of times....
Thank you all for the many smiles, laughs, advice and the never ending support, that you have all shown through the year.

Let the festivities begin.... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Thanks OH and Christmas greetings to all.
It seemed very strange in our village this morning not hearing the bells ringing. However the sun is shining here, the birds in the garden are enjoying an early Christmas feed and the carols CD is playing away in the background.

Expecting some probable crashed internet connections later when the world and his wife will all be trying to connect to Zoom in the same timeframe!
Stephen
KG Regular

Indeed happy Christmas.
IMG_20201224_221103.jpg
IMG_20201224_221103.jpg (2.44 MiB) Viewed 2603 times

-
Parsnips are on my menu!
IMG_20201225_095623.jpg
IMG_20201225_095623.jpg (1.75 MiB) Viewed 2603 times
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Clive.
KG Regular

A very light dust of snow this morning and the roads were awful icy when I went out to feed "KitteeKat" and check greenhouse. Nice bright sunny now :)

...under the big Horse Chestnut tree the first of the snowdrops are showing full flower. There is always one little clutch of them, maybe 6 or so bulbs, that show flower first. :) The others are only just peeping through the ground.

Wishing all a Good Christmas.

Clive.
Colin2016
KG Regular

No snow here very cold on the beach but the sun is out. First sign of broad beans growing in the green house along with garlic.

Merry Christmas to you all.
retropants
KG Regular

Cold but bright here. We had a lovely but muddy walk this morning before preparing lunch. Merry Christmas to you and yours :)
Geoff
KG Regular

Well we got through our strange isolation Christmas, first time ever it was just us as it must have been for many people.

Had a Skype with son, partner and new born grandson which then converted to a Zoom with them and two families of my wife's cousins in California and Chester so we had a sort of family get together.
Primrose
KG Regular

OH - Hope your Christmas didn,t end up needing flood rescue facilities. Pretty horrible flood reports on TV from your neck of the woods this morning. We got our white Christmas yesterday but thankfully only in the form of a photo from Canadian relatives showing a heavy snowfall there.

Ned to empty our full rain gauge this morning in the expectation of further imminent downpours and heavy winds. Not the time to be attempting a picnic outdoors, lockdown measures or not.
retropants
KG Regular

I've just come back in from planting my garlic! I've put it in troughs for now, until the ground is ready. I also put some bubble wrap up inside the greenhouse to protect my succulents & cacti.
robo
KG Regular

Sorry I’m late but I wish you all a merry Christmas I hope Santa brought you all that you wished for I can’t Waite to see the end of this terrible year
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Afternoon Primrose, thank you for yur concern but, luckily we are quite high up where I live so, have missed the misery of those poor people that have been flooded out...must seem a never ending year of challenges for them...
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
vivienz
KG Regular

A belated happy Christmas to one and all. We're bracing ourselves for storm Bella and hoping that everything (including us!) comes through unscathed. Wishing the same for all.
Westi
KG Regular

Ditto vivienz post! Belated Christmas wishes from me too. Bella is practising outside just now & I went down the plot today to give the stakes another couple of whacks with the hammer & peg down the netting etc. Not to mention burning off a few calories from the over indulgence yesterday!

I hope you all made the most of your Christmas & look forward to hearing from you all in 2021!
Westi
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Being into my 88th year. I can honestly say with the dreaded coronavirus about, this has up to now been an unforgettable year, the likes one hopes we will never see again. Like a lot of other Grandparents we looked after grandchildren in their formative years whilst both parents were at work. Rather enjoyed it, always thought that they never really listened to what I had to say. One of my sayings were, Always listen to advice. You don't have obey it. Then this year the Xmas card from my Grandson [now 23 ] with the following.

Dear Granddad. I have looked on you as a second dad. For a long time now anything I have needed you have always been there for me, taught me a lot on growing up. You are a very smart wise Man. I hope to be half as smart as you are. Love xxx
So they were listening after all.
Primrose
KG Regular

Shallot man . - what a very special and lovely card to receive. I can think of no better tribute anybody can give. The young always think they know it all (and we were probably the same In our youth) so for a young person to write that, shows that your advice was conveyed in just the right way to leave its wisdom without intruding on his freedom to carve out his own opinions.

Pour yourself a large glass and congratulate yourself on a job well done !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic