New Year's Resolutions

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

Usually I never bother with these but this year has just been so awful that I'm determined to do everything I can to make 2021 better.

There's the usual about "drink less" and "exercise more" but also a couple of bits about what I want to achieve.

I started a food blog about a hundred years ago but have neglected it for the last few years. I'm now seriously thinking of reviving it in the New Year. It would give me something useful/interesting to do in these times of lock-downs and also I hope that some people would also find it interesting/useful. It'll need a good "spring clean" first to remove broken links, etc, but I'm looking forward to doing it.

Do you ever bother with NY resolutions? Will 2021 be different for you?
Westi
KG Regular

I do but don't if that makes sense? (OK it doesn't)! :)

I never start at New Year as I get miffed with all the ads & stuff suggesting this & that - & still have loads of leftover recreations in the freezer to even consider a diet! I don't want to be fitter, faster not do anything that will take a long time so need the quiet after the madness time to consider. When the days lengthen then I review my previous year as feel more optimistic & not so hard on myself so can choose to do something that is achievable. Mind even that's a waste of time as well, don't think anything ever lasts more than a couple of months.
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I don't think I have ever made a New Years Resolution...I can't really think of anything I really need to change...of course, there are probably a lot of people that would dissagree with that... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

After just managing to survive this weird year I think next year will just be taken as it comes. Having seen several friends and acquaintances lose their battle for life this year, just to hang on will be enough for me!
Stephen
KG Regular

I don't make New Year resolutions.
There's always a list of things to be done. I'm not sure it is so very different.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
robo
KG Regular

I never make new year resolutions I just can’t see the point, this year has been the worst in my life I lost my lovely wife as well as two good mates it has all taken it’s toll on me I don’t think I will ever fully get over it good by to a bad year
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

After a loss of someone that has played a huge part in your life, Robo, well I don't think you ever fully get over it! But as time goes by, if you are lucky, you can find ways that make it easier to deal with...but it can be a long dark journey. The biggest thing that has helped me is, to keep talking about the person you have lost and then they just don't seem forgotten....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic