What's on the menu?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

retropants
KG Regular

Blueberry & maple pancakes for breakfast, then a Quorn roast with all the veg, including freshly pulled carrots from the garden. They were pretty small, but lovely roasted whole. Tiramisu for pudding. Later on cheese & biccies. I found room for some chocolate too.
Primrose
KG Regular

Stravaig, I think just being able to relax and go with the flow this Christmas may have proved to be one of the hidden benefits of this year,s tight Coronavirus restrictions. Catering for large groups of family members is rarely stress free with all the shopping, planning and work needed on the day, not to mention having to accommodate all those vegetarian or "do 't eat a particular meat" visitors.

I suspect there may be a few households that found yesterday,s arrangements actually suited them rather well and may be wanting to repeat them.
Stephen
KG Regular

You are right Streavaig - things do change despiter plans.
The salad turned in to radicchio, chicory, orange & walnut, the roasts were replaced by the cavaolo nero I had harvested.

This is all fine as the root vegetables will keep well for ages.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Kayburton
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:Stravaig, I think just being able to relax and go with the flow this Christmas may have proved to be one of the hidden benefits of this year,s tight Coronavirus restrictions. Catering for large groups of family members is rarely stress free with all the shopping, planning and work needed on the day, not to mention having to accommodate all those vegetarian or "do 't eat a particular meat" visitors.

I suspect there may be a few households that found yesterday,s arrangements actually suited them rather well and may be wanting to repeat them.

This year Christmas is easier on the one hand and harder on the other. It's easier that you don't need to cook a bunch of food, figure out how to accommodate all the guests. On the other hand, it is very difficult not to see all the relatives at once at least once a year. We need to be patient and wait until next Christmas, unless there is another problem.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic