Do oven cleaners bring their own cleaning tools

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

LucianBowler
KG Regular

I just recently hired this Bracknell oven cleaning company that my friend recommended. However, I’m not really sure if they bring complete tools when they come over to houses as it is my first time to work with them. Is there anything I should prepare? Anyone? TIA.
judyk
KG Regular

Hi, I only just spotted this, so you've probably booked your oven clean anyway and you know the answer by now! But just in case you don't, the answer is yes, they do bring their own materials, and I would not recommend anyone who doesn't come fully prepared. I've used 3 different oven cleaning firms over the last 10 years and they all arrived in a van that contained everything they needed for the job, including a vat of chemical cleaning fluid for the removable parts of the oven - they just take these parts off, disappear to their van and come back with the shelves, oven sides, etc. sparkling clean. They should also fully clean up after themselves when they've done. These days some of them use non-poisonous and less aggressive chemicals for cleaning, and I would go for those if possible, as it means less fumes in the house and no need to rinse out the inside of the oven when they are gone.
Primrose
KG Regular

Yes, the guy we use brings everything including floor coverings. You might want to save some spare newspapers for additional protective floor coverings though. Create as much spare surface area in your kitchen as possible so that oven and grill doors etc, if detachable can be laid somewhere. Mid it,s a wet day putting them outside temporarily may not be the preferred option.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic