Autumn Bits and Bobs

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Geoff
KG Regular

although I guess members like Geoff will have to don his Wellies and waterproofs for daily checks on his chickens and ducks

I think you mean Alan, I only have a dog as livestock and we regularly walk the roads. Seem to come across a lot of people I don't know these days.
Primrose
KG Regular

Try looking at the Lesley Sansone "walk at Home" series. There are lots to choose from and some might seem a little energetic but it,s deemed essential to try and raise your heart rate for a few minutes. On my bad days I just tune into them for 5 - 10 minutes at a time. Think its known as " exercise snacking". Not so satisfying as chocolate but probably better for the body and a by product is that yiu can feel smug afterwards for having done at least something !
Primrose
KG Regular

Geoff wrote:
although I guess members like Geoff will have to don his Wellies and waterproofs for daily checks on his chickens and ducks

I think you mean Alan, I only have a dog as livestock and we regularly walk the roads. Seem to come across a lot of people I don't know these days.

Whoops! Apologies ! Put it down to a senior moment !
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

The leaves on the trees are still very green, here...they seem to be falling later each year, just recently!

Tigerburnie seems to have disappeared again.... hope he is okay...
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Clive.
KG Regular

We had a week recently when we had summer one day, then straight into autumn and then the next day winter(for a day)...the leaves on the Lime avenue at work are quite yellow. There was quite a covering of leaves on the nearby lawns this morning.

C.
Monika
KG Regular

Mention of tigerburnie reminds me of Scotland: my two oldest grandsons, including the one with terminal cancer, climbed Ben Nevis yesterday in low cloud and with snow on the ground. The ill one stumbled for the last part, but he made it and shed a tear as he collapsed onto the trig point. Having been an avid climber and outdoor person it was his dream to get up Ben Nevis once more and he did it! We are so very proud of them both.
Primrose
KG Regular

Well done to your grandson Monika. Whatever happens to him now he will have the satisfaction of achieving one of his dreams.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

What a wonderful and determined Grandson you have, Monika..that makes me feel really humble.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
retropants
KG Regular

What an amazing achievement. Well done to both of them.
robo
KG Regular

I’ve spent the last week building a timber lean too i managed to get some pvc corrugated plastic sheets for the roof yesterday it was more or less finished so I started pulling ivy and all sorts of evil bushes that are between us and next door as the plastic roof I’ve installed fits tight to the brickwork of next doors extension and the ivy and rest of the stuff would be inside, I spent around 5 hours sawing ,cutting and pulling it all out , late in the afternoon I thought it was time for a rest ,when I was taking my boot of I found my sock saturated in blood I found I had a shortish but deep gash on my leg after 3 attempts to dress it I decided on a trip to our local walk in centre were I was seen to very quick the nurse said they could not stitch it as there is not enough meat on the shin so they dressed it ,with instructions to go back in the morning if it’s still bleeding it’s 9 p.m. now and it’s still bleeding and not lightly I think I will be returning in the morning
Primrose
KG Regular

Gosh robo. That sounds unpleasant. Wrap it up well and perhaps cover with a disinfected polythene bag or something to stop your bed linen being soiled with blood leakages. Yes, best to get back to the walk in centre tomorrow to get it re=dressed although hopefully the flow will finally stop during the night. Not fun when something like this happens.
Stravaig
KG Regular

Ouch! I hope you get well soon.
Monika
KG Regular

Hope it heals soon, Robo! Shins are like scalps, aren't they? Because the skin fits tightly over the bone, it bleeds like mad even when it isn't very deep.
retropants
KG Regular

Hope they manage to glue you back together today.
robo
KG Regular

I wrapped it in a plastic bag after wrapping a pair of incontinence knickers that were left over from days gone by this morning it had almost stopped so I redressed it and carried on with the days work
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic