Favourite leeks

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

vivienz
KG Regular

I've got 2 lots of leeks on the go, Lyon that are coming good now and Porbella that should be good for winter.

I'm struggling to stop myself from eating all of the Lyon now as most of them are at an edible size and they are so, so delicious. Rust and moth free, too. As I haven't grown leeks for some years, I'm not an afficionado of the variation of flavour in the different varieties so would appreciate knowing if anyone has any particular favourites.
robo
KG Regular

My favourite are Bulgarian giants you get a nice flavoured big leak only problem I’ve found is germination if the seeds are a bit over their date they are impossible to germinate but I like any leek
Monika
KG Regular

I tried King Richard to get an earlier variety, but every year I come back to Musselburgh - grows well, stays well throughout snow and ice, tastes good and is reasonably free of rust.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Monika wrote:I tried King Richard to get an earlier variety, but every year I come back to Musselburgh - grows well, stays well throughout snow and ice, tastes good and is reasonably free of rust.

Agree . :D :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic