Look up!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

vivienz
KG Regular

For those of you who want a change from looking down at your vegetable beds, the Perseid meteor shower is reaching its peak over the next week with the best nights from 11 - 13 August. Best seen before moonrise or, if the moon is up, stand in the shadow of the moon. No telescopes or binoculars needed, just a clear night and about 15 minutes for your eyes to adjust to the dark. Happy viewing!
Westi
KG Regular

Cheers vivienz - on the back patio with a glass of wine with Mr then & looking up! Not sure my neck will cope well with up but worth it for a magic display!
Westi
vivienz
KG Regular

Looking towards the west at about 10.45pm last night I saw two spectacular fireballs in quick succession. They blazed across roughly from north to south for a couple of seconds, bright enough to leave visual trails (like sparklers on a dark night).
Westi
KG Regular

I was tucked in bed at 10.45 last night as had to work today which is unusual but circumstances etc. But hot days require a quiet evening relax with fingers crossed for a sea breeze & neck craning to the skies & not getting over excited about the last flight out of Bournemouth airport by mistake! :)
Westi
Monika
KG Regular

We saw two flashes in he sky late last night through hazy clouds, but hoping for better things tonight because it is much clearer.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic