Biological deterrent

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

vivienz
KG Regular

Given their nocturnal habits and genetically programmed devious mindset, it can be tricky outwitting a cat night after night, particularly one of my own two, who has recently turned her eye and fuzzy bottom to one of my raised beds that has some space whilst waiting for winter brassicas. Our garden is over-run with thistles, however, and they were growing profusely around the raised beds so I set to them with my hoe a couple of days ago. I saved a bucket load and laid them over the bare bits on the bed and, hey presto, no more smelly gifts from the cat there. Home grown biological kitty control!
Westi
KG Regular

I've had luck with my 4 cats (Don't ask why 4, not a cat hoarder but a bit soft)! I do the holly leaf curl up spike mulch when little & the association remains for life it seems & don't have many gifts, but on reflection it is a bit cruel. Not planning on replacements for these ones but a much kinder lesson!
Westi
alan refail
KG Regular

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Brilliant, Alan.... :)

I know only too well, how annoying those fine thistle spikes are, when they break off in your fingers or thumbs....so can't imagine how painful it must be to have a bottom full of them... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic