Early Summer Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Geoff
KG Regular

I preferred all the watering!
vivienz
KG Regular

There are always records of heat and rainfall, but what about wind? It seems to me that it has been far windier than usual this year, with frequent and prolonged periods of high winds.
I was weeding my raised beds this morning and although it was dry and not cold, the wind was wearingly strong again. Now we're having another night of strong winds. The rain is less bothersome than the wind.
Geoff
KG Regular

As my brother-in-law used to say "wind's unpleasant wherever it is".
tigerburnie
KG Regular

You can take tablets for it.............................................. :lol:
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

End of an era . First took my plot out in August 1979. Wife has dementia, have tried taking her down the plot with me. No deal. So have reluctantly given up the plot. :( :( :(
peter
KG Regular

There are no words....... :(
My dad had that when I was sixteen.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Primrose
KG Regular

Shallotman. Thats very sad and I'mm sure you'll miss it but I guess there comes a time when the weight of all kinds of pressure becomes too much.
Is there a way you can have a small veg growing area in your garden so you can keep your hand in but be closer to home where you're obviously needed? If you can be seen working in the garden close to hand would that provide the reassurance needed to allow you to still keep up your interest in a more limited way?

Am sure you will still have knowledge and experience you can share with us. Do stay on the forum in you can
Westi
KG Regular

Sorry to hear about your wife Shallot Man, so terribly sad, a hideous disease. It impacts on every bit of your life, but take solace in the fact she does not know, take advantage of the moments of clarity even if jumbled up though as they are the strongest memories, & they soon will be lost as well, but you will be able to identify that mash & understand what drove her deeply.

Find a minute to visit on here for your own sanity & support from strangers! Some have experienced the same & will be a great help, some will need your support with your experience & advice, but that is what will give you that moment away from the reality you are living that you are going to need! I hope you negotiated a return to a plot when you had to make that choice & explained the reason - you will need an escape to reflect & remember on your own! Stay strong, take the help offered & just remember the woman that was!
Westi
Cider Boys
KG Regular

I am very sorry to read your news Shallot Man and hope that both you and your wife get all the support that you deserve.

Best wishes
Barney
Monika
KG Regular

So sorry to hear your news, Shallot Man. Stay strong!
robo
KG Regular

Very sorry to read that shallot man, my wife had a stroke in 2012 that left her with no short term memory it’s hard when you are looking after a person With such disabilities but as others have said try and look in from time to time and share your knowledge and experiences
Stephen
KG Regular

Shallotman,
I'm sorry to hear both bits of news.
I haven't been through it but have observed that caring for dementia patients is extremely difficult, time-consuming and largely unrewarding. You have my sympathy.

As others have written, do drop by the forum when the opportunity exists.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
retropants
KG Regular

So sorry to hear that Shallotman, it's really heartbreaking. We lost my father in law to vascular dementia, which was fast, but no less sad, you have my sympathies. Hope you continue to pop in here when you can.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Wish to thank you all for the kind words.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Shallot Man, tough times indeed, and so unfair...please keep coming on here, as I need someone on here to keep me in order....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Locked Previous topicNext topic