Early Summer Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Monika
KG Regular

That's us, OH: still bone dry. There is rain forecast for this afternoon, but I'll believe when I see, hear and smell it.
retropants
KG Regular

Same here, I've put my leafy houseplants out on the patio for a drink and a wash!
vivienz
KG Regular

It's been raining since early hours here. Lovely! I'm thinking about going for a walk in it later!!!
snooky
KG Regular

Chucked it down here in North Hampshire too.Drainage ditch alongside house running very full and fast,
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
Monika
KG Regular

3mm to date, better than nothing, but it's only just started to wet the ground below the tree canopies.
Clive.
KG Regular

11mm from steady rain from 6am here In E. Lincs...the sun is just peeping through again now :)

I haven't wandered down the garden path so many times today..... So when I did, growth of everything is quite noticeable.. :)

C.
Stephen
KG Regular

Here in Berkhamsted there was a substantial electrical storm last night but today the soil is still dry once you are a trowel deep.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Westi
KG Regular

I had rain! Well drizzle more accurately, but 2 hours continuous! Not enough to make an impact on the plot but the flower beds & pots at home liked it loads. But the big news after 7 sowings (yep seriously 7), of dwarf French beans they are successfully up on the plot. I changed tactics as sick of feeding the mice & sowed some out of date dark seeded ones instead of the white seeded. It's a small but a definite 'Whoop' moment. What do you mean I am determined & tenacious? On my CV it definitely says 'I like a challenge'! :)
Westi
retropants
KG Regular

I am still waiting for my climbing French bean 'cobra' to arrive. The first shipment didn't turn up, and the second, replacement pack is supposedly on its way. It's been probably been about 6 weeks now, since I ordered!
Stephen
KG Regular

That is a long delay.
I have suffered late deliveries of plugs (stocks and tumbling tomatoes) and both looked like they had spent a week in delivery. The toms were tiny and haven't survived despite planting within hours of receipt. They arrived a fortnight after the garden centres reopened; far later than I would have normally planted.
retropants
KG Regular

Ah yes, I had some basket begonias plug plants arrive about 7 weeks after ordering. I ordered 25, received 5 and they were all mushy. I've no idea how long it will be before I hear back from them. I sent photos. They are a large well known company.
Stephen
KG Regular

Retro - my experience was from a very large company (possibly the largest) and I thought the tomatoes weren't germinated until well after I had ordered them.
robo
KG Regular

We have had a day and half of rain yesterday was like a monsoon today it’s rain then sun then rain , I’m I the only person who is averaging 6 to 7 emails a day from the powers that be telling me who has posted on what thread
tigerburnie
KG Regular

robo wrote:We have had a day and half of rain yesterday was like a monsoon today it’s rain then sun then rain , I’m I the only person who is averaging 6 to 7 emails a day from the powers that be telling me who has posted on what thread

In "Control panel" you can change " manage subscriptions" to increase or decrease notifications.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Geoff
KG Regular

I never get emails - guess it's a setting somewhere that I haven't switched on.

Looks like a combination of various screens in the User Control Panel - click the little figure icon

KG_1.JPG
KG_1.JPG (47.93 KiB) Viewed 2342 times

KG_2.JPG
KG_2.JPG (22.41 KiB) Viewed 2342 times

KG_3.JPG
KG_3.JPG (31.12 KiB) Viewed 2342 times
Locked Previous topicNext topic