Sideways photographs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

If you use an Android phone can I recommend the ReducePhotoSize App

Some systems, but not KG forum can auto present photos the right way round.
ReducePhotoSize presents them to you as KG sees them and allows you to rotate them and to SaveAs in its own folder, from which they can be posted to KG.
Also allows cropping and resizing.
Might be available on applie but I don't use that.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello Peter,
It was interesting that when I right clicked and selected open in new tab...on the upside down photos, they opened right way up. Using old out of update Chrome here on out of date XP Pro... :)

C.
Stephen
KG Regular

I don't think I have ever had a problem with photos but on the car club forum, iPhone/iPad users frequently do.
The only probkem I have had here is over file size. I notice that several of the reduce photo size apps had comments that they didn't reduce file size.

However, I often import pictures into PowerPoint and export from there to jpg files. This cuts the resolution a LOT and thus file size. You all may have noticed I often annotate them when I do this. I use these files as a diary too.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Westi
KG Regular

I haven't a clue, but find just clicking on preview & then deleting & going back to the pic & rotating it gets mine the right direction, when I re-post! (or was that you Peter)???
Westi
Elmigo
KG Regular

I figured that if I view a picture in my gallery and take a screenshot of it, then upload the screenshot, it will show in the right direction.

On most Android phones you can take a screenshot by holding the menu and volume button and the on/off button at the same time. On new Android phones (S20) you can hit the on-button and the volume down button at the same time once for a screenshot.

After taking a screenshot you can cut off the irrelevant parts of the screenshot (cut out the actual picture) and save it again. Then upload this saved picture and it will display the right way.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic