Sad

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Diane
KG Regular

Very sad to hear that Monty Don's lovely dog Nigel died suddenly after filming on Friday.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Gosh, Monty will be heart broken...
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Compo
KG Regular

RiP Nigel
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
retropants
KG Regular

So long Nigel, happy trails.
Chantal
KG Regular

The only dog I've ever owned was a beloved golden retriever and when i saw that Nigel had died, I just sat down and cried. I loved watching him on GW and followed him on Twitter. Sad day.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Diane
KG Regular

I've written to David Austin roses, asking if maybe they could name one of their new roses, in the spring, after Nigel. They've replied back to say they are considering doing so. Hope they do. I'm sure it would sell well. If they don't then I have a cutting of a golden rose in my garden. I can't remember where it came from - so I shall call that my Nigel rose.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Primrose
KG Regular

Diane- that's a lovely idea. I think we all feel a particular affiliation with these TV pets which make regular visit into our homes and being a nation of animal lovers we all feel the pain when somebody else's beloved pets dies. I remember a while back when Rick Stein's dog died he was innundated with messages of sympathy.

I'm sure Monty will have buried him in a special place in his garden, but I can't help wondering if this lovely old creature felt a little displaced by the new little dog which Monty has acquired more recently and felt that his replacement was already in situ so it was time to go.

I think animals can sometimes be a darned sight more sensitive that we give them credit for.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic