Age-related lockdown!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Compo
KG Regular

Age is no barrier, but I suppose the bottom line is the stats show that yes the Virus kills all ages and all diversities, but it does kill more folk over 50. I am not bothered by what the specific advice is, I have some health issues that place me at risk. Bottom line is I ain't going no where that I don't need to until I really need to. Ask me in six months when I have a glorious plot. Well I'll find something safe to do for sure. The flu jab costs in my pharmacy if you don't meet the criteria for a freebie, but not much £12 I think?
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
Stephen
KG Regular

Thanks Westi, that is news to me.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Westi
KG Regular

No wonder the take up was so poor! £12 is a lot to some - I'm gob smacked Compo! Bejesus I've never even heard of anyone paying? That is immoral, vaccinations are what keeps the population fit & well to work & pay taxes! (Within personal human rights to refuse). What is the price going to be for the COVID vaccine then??? Won't be £12 as new & the price has to reflect the cost of research & development when first available.

Methinks I have a mission & some research to do! Then some moaning on the little bird & other social media sites!
Westi
time4tea
KG Regular

We have a 12 week shielding letter and we're youngsters. Other half is immunocompromised due to medication and work for NHS in research, at home luckily (boss ordered it). I do think it is age discrimination is you are fit, healthy, no health conditions and over 64.

We have to stay locked down and cannot wait for the time it is lifted for everyone else. Try getting a delivery or Click and Collect in rural area! It's almost as rare as Rocking horse dung! Then when you walk locally at 9pm to avoid crowds, some over zealous policeman may tell you to go home. We haven't had it, but a Doctor on shift work was told their 10pm walk after work 'wasn't essential' and 'go home to avoid being fined.'

We have waited over a month for seed and compost from well known supplier. They sent us the wrong stuff, but we cannot phone them because they are using Covid as a reason not to take calls. We tried selecting complaint on form, but it was magically changed into a query, computer said 'no,' fobbed us off with an automated email of FAQs.

Kitchen Garden saved us with it's free seeds. We now have a stock of future produce - better than the comedy substitutes our Click and Collect gave us. We will be locked down until August (yes, we got our shielding letter late), but we know people who have died from Covid. Nannystate or not, Covid is really nasty. People have a choice when lockdown ends, it shouldn't be enforced on 65 and over.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic