End of Spring Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stephen
KG Regular

Weatherwise, it looks as if the watering cans will be busy!
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Monika
KG Regular

Weatherwise, it looks as if the watering cans will be busy!

They certainly are, Stephen. And the blackbirds are busy digging up the vegetable beds searching for worms for the growing family.
Westi
KG Regular

Hi livefree! From my experience the plants don't do well with extremes but you need to fill in your location on your profile so you can focus on those closest for advice! I'm in sunny Dorset - well this week looks fine, but next is not looking so rosy so mine not going in just yet! Unusual for here but I do love my runners so gonna keep them in & out to harden off & support them as best I can to enable them to do what they do naturally! Good job I'm a bad knitter as have quite a few knitting needles & the big family BBQ's are long gone so a few skewers as well!
Westi
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Shallot Man wrote:
oldherbaceous wrote:Out of respect for Robo, I thought it would be better to start a new bits and bobs, so it didn't take away peoples thoughts towards him.

Going to plant out some more runner bean plants today...looking at the forecast, it's not showing any more frost...

OH. I was tempted. Maybe later in the week.

OH. Have followed you're advice and planted out my runner beans. Fair warning. If we get a late frost ! I will be contacting COOK.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Gosh Shallot Man, looks like you will be contacting Cook, after Sunday and Monday...not looking good. :?
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Clive.
KG Regular

But have you seen tomorrow morning at 4am...we have a potential 3C listed. :shock:

C.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Just looked too, Clive and we have 2c...think I better get some fleece out...oh blow it.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Compo
KG Regular

Forecast not that low in Somerset. But breezy and cool rain this PM so home bound today doing paperwork. Interested in what we call the paperless paperwork we now do on the computer? Suggestions?
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
Clive.
KG Regular

I call it hard work.... I still like paper based things to hang to for reference...but had a couple of days recently sorting out an ever heightening pile at the side of this pc. :oops: although nearly everything is paid online.

...and also whilst I will happily spend time on an internet hunt for this and that at a good price, I still love a catalogue, it's blessed hard work searching and scrolling on some sites, and sometimes a link goes missing and if you find and pop the number in from the catalogue it finds an item that site search doesn't...

...and with ref the frost potential here....I remembered that I had got a jiffy bag with some fleece in down in the bottom shed, went and found it, where expected, new and unused, postmarked 16/10/2007...either a competition win or subscription perk from Mortons....
So my 2 potato rows are lightly hilled and fleece covered, dad's old strawberry net posts holding it down....although with the wind at the moment it might be over next doors tateys by morning....or wrapped round his chimney...

C.
Stephen
KG Regular

Would you really wear white for gardening?
Clive.
KG Regular

Maybe, partly, yes....here's me in the mid 1960s.....
Attachments
Clive, watering bedding plants by cold frame.jpg
Clive, watering bedding plants by cold frame.jpg (130.48 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
Monika
KG Regular

I have brought my potato pots into the greenhouse - could be frost tonight. And there is almost certainly frost on the horizon for the weekend!
tigerburnie
KG Regular

It was 1.8 inside my greenhouse last night, everything is tucked up for the night under fleece just now.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Stephen
KG Regular

I might need to fleece over some things for the weekend.
Westi
KG Regular

Even down here in tropical England I have held back the planting out! Looks like for just next week then OK! So many are already out at the site with no protection though! (That was me as well several years go)!
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic