Happy Birthday.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

DMcL
KG Regular

I joined the forum to ask Johnboy a specific follow up question to a post comment he made in2013.
What a wonderful surprise to discover the joy he has engendered in the horticultural world.
Belated birthday wishes.

My question follows. Anyone who know is welcome to answer

I have a half allotment here in Devon where we don’t have the need for poly tunnels to grow overwintering purple sprouting broccoli.
In fact, I am still to harvest my last 4plants just before they go to flower.
But they are very tall (5ft)and I have had to lower them onto a cordon cane to fit under my hooped netting. I am about to plant next years PSB and I am planning to cordon them in my 15” deep beds, which are aligned NE to SW .
Should I slope the canes towards or away from the sun?
Should I start them on the slope immediately or wait until they have grown to a certain height?

Donald McLintock
Stephen
KG Regular

Welcome to the forum Donald.
Two points.
Firstly, I suggest you put your question out as a topic in its own right. I think it has just been overlooked here.
Secondly, I'm sorry I can not help directly, I have rarely had success with brassicas, so am merely jealous of your success.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Compo
KG Regular

Happy Birthday Johnboy, i have been away for a while from here, but it seems you have been ever present. Hope you have had a good day
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic