Priorities

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

When will they ever learn?
When will they ever learn?

(Pete Seeger - Where have all the flowers gone?)

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Stephen
KG Regular

I wonder if the fallout of this episode will be greater international co-operation or greater hostility to and suspicion of "foreigners" (however perceived).

I very much hope for less ambition, less acquisitiveness, less waste. Overall a reassessment of priorities.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

As a human race, we think we are so blooming clever, then a fairly simple virus comes along and everything grinds to a halt, or worse...just lucky it wasn't something that killed all.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Monika
KG Regular

Alan, if there were an emoji available showing a crying face, I would have applied it to your post ........
Westi
KG Regular

Sorry to be pessimistic, but when the dust settles then will come the accusations of who really started this pandemic & how! I pretty much think the fish market morph thing is not real, Trump will put his big foot in his mouth to re-direct attention & funnily today Putin even put himself in isolation as apparently over 65 is the isolation age in Russia & he is 67! Too much all about 'me' still with Joe Public in this country - Keep Calm & Carry On - not likely as only reference to you is that is printed on your T Shirt or mug! And truly is it totally essential to have a small countries entire loo roll for a month in your garage?

I will lock myself away on lottie, help the neighbours with fresh veg & a cheery wave & try to keep the work/life balance which is becoming more challenging with the hysteria about supplies! We will have casualties for sure but have what we need even if not in abundance!

In the meantime - can you special people clock in regularly to reassure the rest of us you are OK? I will still sneak down even if the plot becomes out of bounds, as I have more folk than ever to support with either food or a place to sort themselves out mentally as immune suppressed & already fighting demons!
Westi
Colin2016
KG Regular

See Dyson is making ventilators.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Colin2016 wrote:See Dyson is making ventilators.

No Doubt in India.
Primrose
KG Regular

At times like this one realises the sense In being as self sufficient as possible for all your requirements within your own national boundaries.
Westi
KG Regular

Wonder if the Dyson ventilators can be reconfigured into a vacuum cleaner when the pandemic is over? I don't think India will be making them as they are on full lock down, but China's cases are on the wane so it will be back to normal again - "Made in China"!
Westi
Geoff
KG Regular

I do worry about government's love affair with Dyson. He started with good products and they are now crap, he started in the UK then moved abroad. Is he really the model we want to follow?
Primrose
KG Regular

Virtually our entire cul de sac was out clapping for the NHS just now, complete with a gong, a saucepan and one loudly barking dog! Very moving. We have two frontline medics in our family so hope they were uplifted by the national response.
Colin2016
KG Regular

"Virtually our entire cul de sac was out clapping for the NHS just now, complete with a gong, a saucepan and one loudly barking dog! Very moving. We have two frontline medics in our family so hope they were uplifted by the national response."

I cant help thinking this goes against "staying inside" perhaps clapping from inside your home at an open window would have been better.

Also see Dyson has to get his approved, where as the other companies are making copies of the ones currently in use.
Stephen
KG Regular

Dyson's proposed product was designed by others. They didn't work through the night to design a new ventilator as announced by @BBCHughPym it was designed by The Technology Partnership in South Cambridge and given to Dyson to manufacture.
The most positive aspect is that it might (repeat MIGHT) bring manufacturing back to Malmsbury as Dyson has abandoned design work on an electric car, so has space available.

The present hiatus has brought lots of ventilator designs forward. All the new designs will need prototyping, testing and alproval before they go into manufacture, so like any vacine are a way off.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic