This isn't social distancing!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

The bloody, selfish idiots are all around us :(

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north- ... s-17959085
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

You're right Alan, they are definitely not 2 meters apart...
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Why are the supermarkets allowing queueing without the appropriate distance between? The £ shop was the only one with stickers on the floor at the tills, but such a simple thing to do you would think the big boys would have thought of this? It is impossible to socially isolate & shop as arms (& maybe unclean hands) reach over the top of your shoulder to nick the last of the one thing you need!

I'm seriously thinking of buying my groceries online as think this supermarket visiting lark is well out of hand & a big risk, for the staff as well as the buyers! Hopefully not for long as I do like to look at & feel my purchases & I'm pretty sure the big boy stores will wake up.
Westi
peter
KG Regular

Westi wrote:....
I'm seriously thinking of buying my groceries online as think this supermarket visiting lark is well out of hand & a big risk, for the staff as well as the buyers! Hopefully not for long as I do like to look at & feel my purchases & I'm pretty sure the big boy stores will wake up.

Be prepared for disappointment, wife tried to sort in-laws with an alternative to Tesco and couldn't register, Tesco delivery slots are from 7th April onwards round herd!
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Muddyboot68
KG Regular

Tesco in my town have the stickers on the floor but not many take any notice of them!!!!
Stephen
KG Regular

I've seen more space between the dodgems at the fair!
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

I gather Scotland and the highllands are being similarly affected by camper vans arriving en masse for an early Easter break. How on earth do they think rural community ity support services are going to be able to respond if people are taken Ill. Completely selfish, some people are still all about Me! Me! Me first and the rest of you can go to hell!
The police should intervene and send them all home.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Armed soldiers on the streets in Italy it seems
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Westi
KG Regular

Cheers for the heads up Peter.

Methinks Bori's was a little miffed at todays briefing with the ignorance with social distancing just because it is a sunny day, out they all went totally ignoring it. Is there anything else Joe Public can do to ruin our choice & freedoms?
Westi
Compo
KG Regular

Hmmm whether it is enforced or not, it has to happen. Got me thinking about going to buy some bags of mushroom compost tomorrow, necessary journey? I'll have to get fairly close to the guy that sells it to pay him. But I want the goods, and the shop might not be open for long. I'll go and make sure I have the right cash and won't stress if I don't get it, as in the grand scheme of things it is not that important
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
Westi
KG Regular

Deffo necessary & still able to distance Compo! I'm not sure Boris should get the credit or the bombardment on social media but everything was calm & collected at the supermarket & pretty empty today. (Deffo a necessary journey - ever had 4 miffed cats staring at you when you couldn't get the favoured brand)! Dog is pretty happy cleaning out their bowls though so got Mr Westi & mutt on my side! :)
Westi
Geoff
KG Regular

Neighbour has just gone out in the car for the second time today. He flew back from Spain last Friday and has been out every day since. Keeping considerably more than 2 metres away!. I've completed 8 days since I went for repeat prescriptions and my wife 7 days since a volunteer library duty without going out, apart from my daily solitary dog walks though I do keep seeing strangers walking the roads.
peter
KG Regular

20191102_184640.jpg
20191102_184640.jpg (1.57 MiB) Viewed 3740 times

Out for an hour and a bit with these two each morning early.
One consistent fool of a woman, muzzles and releases her spaniel in a ten acre park field, then stands poking at her mobile phone while it rushes around interrupting other folks doggy activities. Our younger dog likes to run so gets lured away from ball chasing... :evil:
Everyone I've encountered does the "After you Cecil, no after you Claude" bit and all pick up on who plans to wait at a wider point. Signals of directional intent at footpath junctions are also common.

Worst so far, now that drug dealing and consumption on the stream bridge in the park behind our house has declined, was a teenage girl loitering when I was getting my coffee. I hasten to point out our kitchen door & window have a very clear view along this bridge from the top of the slope plus a five foot terrace. All became clear as I drank my coffee, the boyfriend arrived, passionate embrace, they then sat down on the bridge, wrapped themselves in hooded and remained there for the 45 minutes before I went put with the dogs.

The really bad bit is by blocking the bridge they left people with fifty yards of narrow woodland path and no option to nip across the bridge to maintain social distancing by transferring to twenty foot wide grass strip.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Colin2016
KG Regular

Went to plot & local shop yesterday no a sign of anybody on the road, or cars parked up even the car park had only one car.

The local shop had a metal sink with hand cleaner & paper towels out side the door.

The wet fish shop turned it's display to face window, with transaction taking place through small top window.

With the beech being empty it seems people are staying away at last, great.
alan refail
KG Regular

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic