This isn't social distancing!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Geoff
KG Regular

Don't know if police have intervened but here is the webcam from a popular spot in the Lake District that is usually full of cars at the weekend. I don't believe their thermometer though, it is a raw feeling 4.4 here.

PS : my mistake that is surface temperature, air is 1.5.

KP_290320.JPG
KP_290320.JPG (62.15 KiB) Viewed 2551 times
madkevin
KG Regular

I am in Canada where the virus is to bad yet, it drives me crazy seeing groups of people together when they are not supposed to.
What's even worse is people allow kids to still play together then say oh yea we are social distancing, then you see there kids playing with other kids in the yard ..ggggrrrrrrr

Stay safe everyone.
Primrose
KG Regular

You really wonder if some people ever read a newspaper or watch TV news, don't you?
We have been self isolated for 3 weeks yet still see groups of people walking past our house with no distance st all between them and it's pretty obvious that lots of them are not from the same household.
Westi
KG Regular

Welcome to the forum madkevin, I did read your first post as well! It is better down here as a higher % of the population are elderly (very elderly - next village down was mentioned on a TV show as having the highest population of really elderly in Europe)! Ours is not far behind but a good mix of ages but everyone is behaving. Our drive back from the allotment is via the beach & totally empty except from one dog having the time of it's life in the waves, there seems some rule has been adopted that folk walking go to one side of the road of the road to the other, not behind, so all cool there! At the allotment we have natural social distancing as plots are fenced & have set up this alert that if someone wants to ask a question or chat they shout out before coming closer but no-one is bothering so we just shout one to one until it reaches their plot!

Work is another issue altogether though as construction obviously never considered a pandemic, but getting a trolley or wheelchair through! Thankfully I have the option of going outside from place to place & have a solo bolt hole!
Westi
robo
KG Regular

I just can’t understand why these people are not being prosecuted they must be braking at least one law
Westi
KG Regular

They are still doing the sunbathing in places today! The thing that puzzles is these guys that break the rules have more knowledge of the net than us - obvs not the news though or so shallow the beauty products are more important! Although the ads pop up on most sites to say stop! Too busy filming themselves to note it is still not all about them!
Westi
sean121
KG Regular

Due to few idiots the whole mankind will suffer. God bless these stupid people.
Colin2016
KG Regular

Couple of blokes go fishing & get a fine...People are allowed to ques at B & Q.

What happened to staying at home.
Westi
KG Regular

Ah, let me see, if they can't get the perfect magnolia ('ish) colour, although grey seems popular but doubt it is just called grey! :) Then they can't finish the decorating & they will be outside breaking the rules as well! Maybe damage limitation? On my FB page there is loads of people either baking or decorating - can't let them loose on the general population during a pandemic - most can neither bake or decorate, let alone figure what 2 metres look like without tape on a floor! :) The fishing blokes need hide better maybe? Seek permission from someone with a stream through private land? I'm sure both parties are counting it as essential exercise - a big fish challenges & the wrong paint brush is a right pain & takes muscle power to cut in! :) :)
Westi
Blackbird
KG Regular

Here in North Yorkshire, on the coast, things seem to be fine - I see no problems like some of you describe.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic