The Climate Change Report

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Elmigo
KG Regular

Good morning my neighbours!

And so the day begins. First things first, let's water the plants a bit before the sun shows above the buildings. I barely even turned around to refill the watering can, or half of the moisture has already evaporated into thin air. I continue my day, minding my business, doing my job, working up a sweat for my lovely little shop. As the day ends I'm checking up on my plants once again, to make sure they're fine and because I love them. To my surprise the top layer of soil has dried completely and most of the moisture underneath has evaporated as well. Time to refill the cans again and water the plants before going to sleep. Spring barely even started...

Not only are we getting high temperatures, it's also been very dry and even digging deep into my thick -former sea bed- clay grounds there is close to no moisture to be found. Just thick, dry pieces of clay. When breaking them in half and look very closely, you can still find a little bit of leftover moisture from the last watering move. I just keep walking around with all the watering cans and garden hoses to keep vegetated areas in the garden healthy. To paint you a picture: this is not far away from last years' summer drought, which makes me question this years hot season as well, as I'm starting to wonder this one simple thing:

How many moons have we got left?
Stephen
KG Regular

How many moons have we got left?

More than any of us will be around.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Elmigo
KG Regular

That is one certainity!
I just hope for some rainfall soon and I will no longer complain about the wet winters if we get to see any again...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic