Very early Spring Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

Did three prospective tenant viewings today, in the rain.
Wife of the last one said that I'd absolutely made her husbands day with the phone call. :D

Raining again.........
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Elmigo
KG Regular

In my previous home the problem was minimal but since we moved, more and more aphids seem to gather on my plants and especially the young seedlings. I used to spray them off with clean water in a sprayer. This was enough back then, but now I am forced to add organic dish washing soap to the mix. What else can I use that removes any aphids?
Shallot Man
KG Regular

peter wrote:Did three prospective tenant viewings today, in the rain.
Wife of the last one said that I'd absolutely made her husbands day with the phone call. :D

Raining again.........

Our letting committee person. was left standing. The person so keen to have an allotment, didn't show up. :x :x
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Lets hope the virus has come and gone by crop picking season. Otherwise we might need the Army to patrol our allotments. :wink:
Geoff
KG Regular

Wonder if I'll be able to spot the difference eventually.

10 o'clock 30th November and 16th March (prompted by seeing some trails this morning that were Europe to USA).

flights.JPG
flights.JPG (208.35 KiB) Viewed 3183 times

Flights_160320.JPG
Flights_160320.JPG (228.83 KiB) Viewed 3183 times
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Got my"ANYA" spuds in this morning. :D :D
Monika
KG Regular

Geoff, not much difference there then!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

That's good going Shallot Man...I take it you mean in the ground and not in containers!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Afternoon all, weeded two raised beds and added compost to one of them for carrot sowing later in the month, manure in the other and both covered with fleece to warm the soil a bit. Third bed still has a few carrots in it, so that will get manured later. In the greenhouse I sowed some radish in the border for an early crop, will add lettuce another day, still getting minus temps at night, it was minus 1.8 last night(I've got a new thermometer and gone posh, we're digital now). Chillies potted on into bigger pots, but still in the double glazed conservatory, could be a couple of months before they go into the greenhouse.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Westi
KG Regular

Well I sat through the "Breaking News" & personally relieved they are saying recommended not demanding of this & that! There is a strong message saying this may change, but they have scared the pants off so many of the younger population, I don't think I'll have any difficulties avoiding non-essential contact; even in the supermarket!

Off to lottie tomorrow to temporarily self isolate! Got to get the 1st earlies in! :) And with any luck may get into the supermarket & top up! Why did this Corona hit us in the Hungry Gap? Gonna relocate some stuff in the tunnel & upset the planting plan in advance to get some fast growers in the mix of edibles! Who knows who sneezed on your lettuce from the supermarket?
Westi
Chantal
KG Regular

I'm using our allotment to social distance and if necessary self isolate. We have individual plot fences and gates so it can easily be done. I retired two weeks ago, what a start to the easy life :lol:

I am very concerned that locals find out we have two toilet rolls up there though :roll:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Elmigo
KG Regular

Lucky you :oops:
Westi
KG Regular

Ok! I definitely was socially isolated on lottie & never got closer than the recommended 3 metres from anyone! (OK only 3 of us down on the back row)! Unfortunately that went down hill quickly when I went to the supermarket for a few bits! It was chaos - no meat, no eggs, flour, tin goods, paper products, most veg, bread, frozen goods, cat food, wine - I got the last bottle of Sauvignon Blanc - winner! Most medications, (although an unusual large amount of pregnancy testing kits on the shelves so obviously they are planning ahead for those in social isolation). :) :)

Felt for the staff though as everyone I spoke to were mostly abused earlier when the trolley dash started with a huge queue before opening! They said people were not even looking but just throwing what they could scoop up into their trolley! Hmm? Keep calm & carry on????
Westi
Stephen
KG Regular

Yes, calm seems to hard to find.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Colin2016
KG Regular

Cant think of a better place to self isolate than the plot, rarely see more that three other people at once, usually just my self though

Wondering are you changing you sowing plans to compensate for this major issue?

Personally I am sowing the quicker seeds like lettuce, broccoli, radish...Still looking for toilet roll seeds.
Locked Previous topicNext topic