Wanderer returns

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

tigerburnie
KG Regular

Thanks all for the kind thoughts, been a very busy past 12 months, what with surgery then minor other health problems and a lot of family issues that sort of take over. Sadly a life long pal that I was in a band with back in the '60's passed away, so there was a fair bit of tooing and froing( the spell checker doesn't like those words lol), also an old biker mate from the same ear also passed, so the mileage on the car went up a fair bit. The garden looks much as it always has, apart from me having to fell the three apple trees as the scab and canker got too bad to save them, you'd recognise the place. I have the heated propagator on the go, the onions and leeks are coming along well, there's now some chillies in there just now, tomatoes will follow soon enough, tatties are chitting and will be going out towards the end of the month, we are still experiencing frost most nights, it was minus 2 in the greenhouse last night.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Primrose
KG Regular

Yes, it's a sad fact that the older we get, the more the unexpected issues in life tend to take over and dominate. Still, good to note the gardening is getting back on track again.
Last edited by Primrose on Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen
KG Regular

Contemporaries dying is very salutory and sad. I hope your photography and walking provide some solace.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Good to have you back, Tigerburnie, the Forum seems a little more complete again...
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

The Growing family is uniting again! Welcome back Tiger! Sorry to hear about the reason for your absence. It's a weird old thing is getting older - impacts you physically & takes the people away that would tell you to 'Live what's left' & stop bloody moaning, brings us into relationships with younger folk who can't quite grasp it is not all about them & others who think fibbing blatantly is the way out of a tricky question! Got to be on your arthritic toes to cope!
Westi
tigerburnie
KG Regular

I'm still pretty fit Westi, walking miles in the hills with my camera and still out fishing half the night, the family keep telling me to slow down, but I don't seem to have a slow down switch anywhere, bit like a Duracell bunny .
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Westi
KG Regular

Never listen Tiger - your body, your space & interest! Never find the slow down switch - just live your life doing what makes you happy!
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic