It’s been a while .....

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pawty
KG Regular

Hello All!

It’s been a while but thought I’d check in to see how everyone is?

Things have changed for me a bit .....

I’ve been off having twins! Albert and Edith are now 1 years old. As you can imagine I haven’t had a lot of time for gardening. Unfortunately I had to give the allotment up. I had grand ideas about the twins sleeping while I worked but that didn’t happen. I couldn’t even get the double pram down to the plot because of all the structures.

We’re much more involved with the family vineyard and hope to move there permanently in the next couple of years now my husband is semi retired (don’t ask - but we got an amazing opportunity) - who wouldn’t want to grow up there!.

How is everyone?

Pawty x
Primrose
KG Regular

Good to see a once familiar face appear again!
You've obviously been busy and it sounds as if the vineyard project will be keeping you occupied in the future.
Do keep posting and let us know how things progress.
Stephen
KG Regular

Congratulations - double trouble!
A year ago so they certainly don't have a birthday on 29 February. It's on my mind because two friends are "leaplings" and eight of us went away to celebrate their birthdays last weekend.

Good luck with the vineyard project - is in France/Italy/Spain or somewhere this side of the channel? (I see your location is given as Hampshire but you say "move there"). There is one close to me, which has been through a change of ownership but appears to be flourishing again with new vines. http://www.ukvines.co.uk/vineyards/frithsden.htm
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Pawty, how lovely to see you back on the Forum and what wonderful news about you having Twins...I love their names....
Hope the move to the Vineyard works out, sounds quite perfect....

I'm still the same old me... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
retropants
KG Regular

HEllo Pawty, welcome back and many congratulations! whereabouts is the vineyard? :)
Monika
KG Regular

Hello, Pawty, nice to see you back and congratulations! As mother of twins myself, I clearly remember being on the go non-stop, but they will also give you double fun and joy in the years to come! Mine are now coming up to 60 years old and one is a grandmother of four herself .....
Your gardening years will return. Until then, all the best for the vineyard!
Westi
KG Regular

Hey Pawty - welcome back! (We have mentioned you taking about 'where are')!

I hope you are still going to try a few pots of bits & bobs, might be best you don't get Albert & Edith to help too much yet but at 1yr they will be interested & who knows may remember (& take after their Mum), to try stuff! Good job you got into the vineyard stuff before the family came around & I can kind of see you may well shake the look of them when it is your time at the helm! I actually can't see why some veg couldn't survive under them - just a thought to hedge your bets in the bad years! The other question is why can't the posts be as colourful as your shed? :)
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic