Ricard with an H et al

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Monika
KG Regular

Primrose's mention of Ricard with an H prompts me to reminisce ..... I wonder where some of our 'regulars' have gone. I have tried to PM some of them in the past, alas to no avail. Hopefully, they were not upset by something on the forum and even more so, hopefully they are still about and gardening!
Westi
KG Regular

I pm'd Ricard with an H but no response! It would be nice to know! Pa Snip shared his journey so closure there (& I still grow Jazzy spuds & remember him each year). I'm afraid Monika that we will never know so maybe it's why those of us that are left need to be honest & open.
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

I thought Pa Snip was extraordinarily open about his health situation, which helped provide closure for everybody on here when the time finally came. I hope his family are still busy on their allotment plot (weather permitting!). I think some people find this difficult if that is the way the situation is heading, and sometimes things happen suddenly or unexpectedly, or there is either just a slow decline, or perhaps a general lack of interest. Often there is nobody left to clear down somebody's forum ID and access when they pass on or no longer wish to belong. .

On this rather sad topic of endings I am quite regularly disconcerted by receiving one of these spam "Hi Primrose" hacked email address messages from somebody I know who has passed on. The first time it happened it rather shook me for a moment until I realised what must have happened. Now I seem to receive one from somebody who has passed on every couple of months. One of the negative effects of getting older and having more acquaintances who pass away I suppose.
peter
KG Regular

Not hacked Primrose, spoofed.

Shorn of technicalities one can forge the senders address in an email.
Some could send you and email that looked like it came from your best friend.
A prominent person at work seemed to email other senior people asking for their assistance with some gift shopping. Well forged, but we could see it came from an email system in Russia.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I sent Tigerburnie a PM yesterday, as I really miss his input and especially his wonderful pictures...sadly, no reply yet...
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Yes, Tigerburnie's photos were a particular delight and he is missed. If he happens to look in on the forum here i hope he knows we're thinking of him.
Monika
KG Regular

If you google 'tigerburnie', you find him in other 'guises', for instance, a camera club. Maybe we could ask there?
Geoff
KG Regular

Last active:Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:36 am
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic