Rose Bushes.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Shallot Man
KG Regular

Planted some 18 new rose bushes in November. Rather concerned, they have started shooting, and we still have frosts to come. :cry:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Afternoon Shallot Man, lots of things are starting to shoot now and with the temperature starting to rise even more next week (if the forecasters have it right), I think there will be lots of plants, shrubs and trees going to be in trouble. Most things will get over having new shoots burnt off by frosts or bitter winds but, they will be late coming back into growth in the Spring.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Geoff
KG Regular

Everything shooting even in the frozen North, saw a lovely patch of primroses the other day. And the Autumn raspberries were sprouting when I cut them down last week.
Monika
KG Regular

Our primroses and snowdrops are in full flower and the first species crocus are showing their colour, too. I have been very daring and cut our buddleias and long rosa rugosa hedge (there were quite a few new shoots on them as well), so I am hoping for not too hard frosts to come.
This morning I heard a wren singing ......
Shallot Man
KG Regular

You might recall some time ago me mentioning that in my humble opinion smart metres were a con. My argument being. If you are going to make a cup of tea, it is going to cost you money, also to save on fuel you would have to turn the heating off, and be cold. My concern was that the time would arrive when their would be differnt Tarif's for different times of the day. Well I have just had an email from my present company [shortly to be ditched ] informing me that I am now on two different tariffs each day. :x :x :x
Primrose
KG Regular

Crikey Shallot man. that's ,s sneaky and the first time I heard of that being suddenly inflicted on a consumer apart from the "economy 7" overnight tariff.
Which supplier. . We,ve just renewed a term with Scottish Power so I hope we don,t get an email,like that or battle will be engaged! We,ve already found it hard searching around to avoid a supplier which wasn,t insisting on our having a smart meter installed!
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:Crikey Shallot man. that's ,s sneaky and the first time I heard of that being suddenly inflicted on a consumer apart from the "economy 7" overnight tariff.
Which supplier. . We,ve just renewed a term with Scottish Power so I hope we don,t get an email,like that or battle will be engaged! We,ve already found it hard searching around to avoid a supplier which wasn,t insisting on our having a smart meter installed!

UTILITA
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I have always thought there was more to these Smart meters than what they were saying...

I'm sure when people first have them, they probably watch things, but as a couple of months go by, things just go back to normal...of course, I could be wrong... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Geoff
KG Regular

It's sometimes an advantage to have no mobile signal, EON tried and failed to make one work. I'm worried that I'll only get paid for the solar I export, 35%, rather than what they assume I export, 50%.
Westi
KG Regular

I had one sent in the post when they first came out & tossed it, but suddenly years later BG were challenging my readings I sent them & out comes a bloke full of chat about it's benefits & I needed an upgrade to my meter! So much for the Smart meter, he managed to set up the new electric box to the meter but hey - the gas meter is shiny & new & I still have to submit readings which they continue to challenge! For a start you plonkers since the new kitchen the only thing I have that is gas there is the hob & gas fire has died as well, but the fan heater is all I require due to the extra insulation done at the same time. Not sure where I hid the new smart meter but when found it's travels will progress closer to the dump!

Why scare folk by showing red or amber, (& made up costs from my brief experience), if you need heat you need it or will die if old & frail. Make up the payments during summer - they are reluctant to give you the credit anyway, so make them wait as well until a level field.
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic