Mid Winter Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

As I had quite a lot of seeds left from last year, it didn't really warrant an order from Moles seeds, so I took advantage of the small D.T.Brown catalouge that came with the K.G magazine and by using the promo code, saved a hefty £42...rather pleased. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Stephen
KG Regular

Best wishes from me OH. I know how lucky I am with regard to my health. All of my ailments are minor.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
robo
KG Regular

Best wishes from me o h I’ve not much time these days for perusing the site but I do try to look in now and again
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Thank you Stephen and Robo...and you are in my thoughts, Robo, things must be very tough for you!!

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Just managed to finish weeding an 80 feet, double row of Elephant Garlic, that were full of Chickweed...a rewarding job when done but, frustrating while doing it... :)

Monika
KG Regular

I know I am a bit late at the party, but I only just read your good news, OH. Keep it up (NO pun intended!)!

It's exceedingly stormy here today, but the first irises are flowering in the garden and the species crocus are showing their colours. Spring must be on its way, barring lots more frost and snow. The unheated greenhouse is full of colourful polyanthus, iris, cyclamen, azaleas and the miniature daffs just starting. By March, they will all be turfed out to make room for the vegetable sowings.
Elmigo
KG Regular

Spinach is coming up outdoors despite some frosty nights! Garlic seems to be very unsatisfied since moving to the new house with garden. I hope they find their way soon...

Screenshot_20200202-183402_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200202-183402_Gallery.jpg (884.49 KiB) Viewed 3077 times
Shallot Man
KG Regular

CATS. Been feeding the birds for some time now, recently have two new visitor's [cats] by the feathers left lying around, seems like members ot the tit family. Anyone with idea's :( :(
Primrose
KG Regular

Shallot Man - do you have bird feeders in your garden? If so, are they situated close to some high trees or tall shrubs where birds can flee quickly for some safe cover? This makes it harder for cats to get at them.
Alternatively if the cats normally frequent the back garden could the bird feeders be relocated to a front garden which cats might find more difficult to access.
Elmigo
KG Regular

Besides placing prison walls with barbed wire, citrus peels seem to help sometimes...
Monika
KG Regular

If you actually see the cats, a well-aimed water pistol tends to keep them away, Even surprising them with a loud hissing sound frightens them off. But all of that is of course only successful if you can actually see them in your garden. Are you sure it is cats? We get visits from a sparrowhawk who also just leaves a pile of feathers.
robo
KG Regular

I have a cure to stop cats killing birds but there are a few on here that would object
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well I thought the big discount from D.T. Browns was just for K.G readers...wrong...just had an unaddressed and exactly the same catalogue in the post, so loads of people must be getting them...it is a different promo code though.
I did feel special for a little while though... :)

Shallot Man
KG Regular

Shallot Man wrote:CATS. Been feeding the birds for some time now, recently have two new visitor's [cats] by the feathers left lying around, seems like members ot the tit family. Anyone with idea's :( :(

Further to the above. Was offered an ultrasonic cat repeller from a friend. Said it was no good as the rain got into the battery compartment.. Never one to look a gift horse in the mouth. Took it home, cleaned out the battery holder, put in new batteries, machine's blue light came on. Now the craftybit, covered it with a see through plastic bag, now watertight. More inportantly WILL IT WORK. More to follow. :wink: :wink:
Shallot Man
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Well I thought the big discount from D.T. Browns was just for K.G readers...wrong...just had an unaddressed and exactly the same catalogue in the post, so loads of people must be getting them...it is a different promo code though.
I did feel special for a little while though... :)

OH. What always temps me is P&P FREE.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic