Curry leaves

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Diane
KG Regular

Afternoon all,

I've been making curry all afternoon - and just wondered if it's possible to grow my own curry leaves. This is the plant - (Murraya koenigii). Not the yellow flowered Helichrysum smelly one that grows outside in the garden.

I would think it's best to grow it indoors. Anyone had success with it?
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
alan refail
KG Regular

As it's native to India and other hot places it would be difficult to grow even indoors here. And it can grow to 15 to 20 feet.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Geoff
KG Regular

Seems unlikely, bet Elmigo's had a go!
Elmigo
KG Regular

Amazing, another plant to try! Honestly it's going to be difficult, I just read that it's a tree. Perhaps, as we use its leaves for recipes, we can simply grow a small plant or seedling and use that. I don't know, never tried this before and never seen the seeds or plant anywhere. I should try this in the spring if I can find it!
Geoff
KG Regular

I knew you'd be up for it! Seeds are on eBay UK so they are available. Plants are available too, this one is expensive but there are some hints https://plants4presents.co.uk/grow-your ... rry-leaves
Diane
KG Regular

Elmigo - if anyone can grow it then it'll be you, for sure.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Elmigo
KG Regular

Hopefully! My avocado is not doing very good :lol: I stretch many boundaries but this one in particular is quite solid.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic